jamesg46

Dallas wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:45 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:59 am
The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:34 pm

Euler = WISDOM & KNOWLEDGE
I did wonder recently why Peter would use Euler, I got as far as Leonhard Euler,
Mathematician, physicist, astronomer, geographer, logician and engineer.

Could be barking up the wrong tree but they definitely share characteristics & its given me the opportunity to research somebody I would never of known about otherwise.
That's exactly who the name was taken from, partly to highlight Leonhard as he's never been credited anywhere near as much as he should have been for his work so if Peters username draws just a little attention to him then its job done ;)
It's a shame that the majority tend to skip past the levels that have been left for us to explore. Its apparent from the reply of "The Silk Run" that they got it too. I now feel I've let the cat out of the bag and taken away the fun others could have had finding out for themselves.
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:03 am
It's a shame that the majority tend to skip past the levels that have been left for us to explore. Its apparent from the reply of "The Silk Run" that they got it too. I now feel I've let the cat out of the bag and taken away the fun others could have had finding out for themselves.
I think you're fine, people still to this day do not know how to use Google properly :D They still have a habit of asking basic questions and awaiting replies, even though knowledge today is quite literally available at the tip of their fingertips and they can find the answers to their questions in seconds or minutes.

Not saying this applies to OP, but not knowing that Euler is in fact Peter suggests that they don't spend a lot of time reading this forum, which in turn suggests they have a previous habit of ignoring advice in general.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:24 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:03 am
I think you're fine, people still to this day do not know how to use Google properly :D They still have a habit of asking basic questions and awaiting replies, even though knowledge today is quite literally available at the tip of their fingertips and they can find them in seconds or minutes.

Not saying this applies to OP, but not knowing that Euler is in fact Peter suggests that they don't spend a lot of time reading this forum, which in turn suggests they have a previous habit of ignoring advice in general.
Point well made!
indigokid

In case anyone is interested the line that was echoing in my head was “When a profit is made, they’re taking the profit too early and when a loss is made they’re so desperate to avoid it that they end up increasing it one way or another.”

It's from the video The Devil Inside: Loss Aversion in the psychology section of the training course.
Link: https://betangelacademy.thinkific.com/c ... s-aversion

So, using Euler's advice on % above I've got my profitable exits up to around 16% average for a day. That was by making myself wait slightly longer to exit and setting myself either a -5% or -10% trading loss to exit.

However, on one trade today I lost half my stake simply because I held too long, was tired and reacted emotionally - which means you then chase the loss instead of taking the longer view. This is the only time this happens and I'm determined to train it out.

Thanks again for your input Euler.

Return to “Tennis Trading”