Betfair's business rules

rencoetz

Hi
I was wondering if somebody could help - I set up my live tennis trrading and when bet was triggered for a back bet, this came upo - Betfair's business rules do not allow this order to be placed.

I live in Australia - so I understand that in play need to be phoned in but BA lets me place UK horse racing in play ?

Is there anyway around this with a VPN etc with tennis ???

Thanks
TipTopTrader

You can also trade in play on the Australian races aswell.
johnsheppard

rencoetz wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:18 am
Hi
I was wondering if somebody could help - I set up my live tennis trrading and when bet was triggered for a back bet, this came upo - Betfair's business rules do not allow this order to be placed.

I live in Australia - so I understand that in play need to be phoned in but BA lets me place UK horse racing in play ?

Is there anyway around this with a VPN etc with tennis ???

Thanks
Hi there, the easiest way around it if you are using Betangel is to get yourself a VPS based in the UK. Run Betangel on there and just terminal/remote desktop into your VPS....

If you are using Betfair's website you can use a VPN or a proxy on your own computer pretty easily. I've used a placed called Illuminati proxy in the past when I was messing with in-play cricket...(im just focusing on horses now)...they have a browser plug in, you just turn it on whenever you want to use a different countries IP address...worked well enough for me...

Hope that helps
John
rencoetz

Thanks a million John , much appreciated. I might have to the VPS route as I need Guardian to automate my tennis trades

Regards
johnsheppard

rencoetz wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:49 am
Thanks a million John , much appreciated. I might have to the VPS route as I need Guardian to automate my tennis trades

Regards
I'm still a noob, but I try to help out where I can :) Also, just might add... you could also likely use a VPN on your local computer with BetAngel. I haven't tried that, but I reckon it introduces room for more things to go wrong. IMO better off with a VPS. Someone else may chip in with experience using a VPN if you wanted to try go that route.
rencoetz

I was wondering if a VPN would work instead of a VPS ? hopefully somebody here can share insight.
weemac

I used various API software and the BF website via a well-known VPN from a restricted country in Europe for about 3 years without any problems. The restriction was imposed by the country - not by BF - but I don't think that would make any difference.

Trial one or two free or cheap VPNs and see how you get on.

Return to “Tennis Trading”