Tennis Trader Qs

Geordie

I've been trading the horses for years and have just ventured into tennis.

I'm hoping somebody could help with the following.

1) In tennis trader, where do I get the information to select the correct 'Match Type' from the drop down box? If I can't find out that information, what's the best setting to use?

2) All day yesterday when the scores got to 40-40, the game matrix never moved on to A-40 or 40-A. It stayed stuck at 40-40 until the game was over then cleared. Is there any reason for that to happen?

Many thanks for any help,

Geordie.

EDIT:
The 40-40 error just happended again today - see pic.
40-40 error.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
captainbang

For the match type you will be mostly selecting 3 set match (tie break allowed in final set)

In tennis only men play 5 set matches and only in grand slam tournaments like Wimbledon, Australian open, US Open & French open and in these tournaments a tie break is NOT allowed in the final set but this is also changing recently like Wimbledon I think allow a tie break after 12 games now i think and other tournaments are changing too but not sure which ones. So for grand slams best checking when the tournament starts. Im sure the information is probably on the ATP & WTA websites

Womens Tennis is always 3 sets. The only question is whether a tie break is allowed or not but again this will only apply to grand slam tournaments

As general rule you can follow off the below

MENS

ATP 250 - 3 set match (tie break allowed in final set)
ATP 500 - 3 set match (tie break allowed in final set)
ATP 1000 - 3 set match (tie break allowed in final set)
Grand Slam - 5 set match (tie break NOT allowed in final set)

WOMENS

International - 3 set match (tie break allowed in final set)
Premier - 3 set match (tie break allowed in final set)
Grand Slam - 3 set match (tie break NOT allowed in final set)
Euler

2) All day yesterday when the scores got to 40-40, the game matrix never moved on to A-40 or 40-A. It stayed stuck at 40-40 until the game was over then cleared. Is there any reason for that to happen?
I've not seen that before, so we will have to investigate. We will have to catch it as it happens though.
Geordie

A huge thank you, captainbang - really appreciate your considerable efforts in replying.

Thanks also Peter for looking into it - it has happened each time a score has been 40-40 since I started trading tennis 2 days ago.

Geordie.
Euler

Thinking about your query overnight. The game matrix will always show 40-40 and scores above that as the score can go either way.
Geordie

Euler wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:56 am
Thinking about your query overnight. The game matrix will always show 40-40 and scores above that as the score can go either way.
Thanks, Peter, I see what you are saying, though it does 'stick' on the first instance of the 40-40 (there are another two instances of 40-40 on the matrix). What would be the reason for displaying the two instances of 40-40 after the first one?

Geordie.
chri2510

Could it be because you looked at a doubles match?
When you play double, there is no advantage, it goes from 40-40 to game.

Return to “Tennis Trading”