Tennis is such a great sport to trade!

gutuami

Yes I couldn't agree more. I acctually layed him at 1.01 for a small stake an put a counter trade in at 1.05 <just in case> and switched to Pennetta vs Hantuchova match. Well the rest was amazement...
LeTiss

It amazes me when I read posts from traders bemoaning their luck on horses. My message is simple - leave racing and get on Tennis. Absolutely brilliant sport to trade
SBW077

I've been studying tennis probabilities and statistics in my free time for about the last six months, comparing the actual probabilities to the implied probabilities in terms of Betfair odds. One thing that sticks out is that Betfair prices in-play generally seem very efficient? I've seen occasional overreactions to breaks of serve in some matches that have little volume, but on a point-by-point or game-by-game basis there doesn't seem to be much there to exploit in terms of value/low-risk high-reward trade opportunity, which means sitting there for 1-3 hours waiting for an opportunity that may or may not appear?

Obviously I'm overlooking something.....

Is tennis trading more of a scalping play pre-match and during play when nothing's happening on court? Or are there basic strategies during play that are profitable long-term?

Should research be more along the lines of individual player form while factoring in things like surface, conditions (altitude/humidity/wind/temperature), a player's form against players similar to his opponent, and applying different strategies based on these types of factors and their likely effect on the match?

Can one expect a similar return on a % of bank consistently like with the horses?

TIA
SBW077

:?

So.... why is tennis better to trade than the horses?
Point2Point

Personal preferance I guess?

I sit and wait in Tennis till somebody is in the acendancy and then look to lay them. I have the stats to tell me where the opportunity is but only I can press the button. If you look at the Murray/Del Potro match there was a clear opportunity when the trainer came on. You can't put that into a spreadsheet.

Return to “Tennis Trading”