Barclays ATP Tour Finals

Stewart

Hi All

Anyone giving the Tennis trading a go?

If not and you have never traded tennis this is a very good opportunity. All the players are very evenly matched and big swings occur at almost all stages. Whilst serving is still important, it is less so than on grass (such as Wimbledon) and there have been many breaks of serve so far.

Also there is lots of money around so liquidity is good.
mick1512

I have traded a little on some of the matches this week and I've been amazed at how much the prices have moved on the back of each point won and loss. I'm not talking about break or set points either. For example, last night in the opening set DP was up a break against RF and serving. I'm no tennis expert but I made DP fairly short odds to win his service game so I layed RF at odds on in the match odds market. A couple of points later and I got out with a £67 profit. I know I could have let things go and made a whole lot more. But the point is it seems to me that with the tennis there's a hell of a lot of swings and as long as you're reasonably careful then you should be able to get in and out and make a few quid without taking any massive risks.

As I said, I've only traded bits and pieces of some of the matches this week and I may just have got lucky but on what I've seen so far tennis looks fantastic for trading.
Frosy

What were you stakes for the £67 profit?

I watched the game and had BetAngel open to see how the market changes, I think at one point towards the end I saw the volume of money traded was in the millions 8-)

Dave
mick1512

I can't remember for sure but at a guess I'd say I was trading with a tick size of £5.

The big thing for me was that the prices were moving far more than I'd have expected on points that I didn't think were that significant.

Return to “Tennis Trading”