Today's Tennis

Dallas

With yesterdays Charleston semi finals interrupted both the semi's and final will be played later today which could create some good opportunities in this evenings final
ludite

I really fancy Bertens chances today , but there is a question mark on her fitness , does anyone have any news on this please ?
Dallas

A decent 1st set
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kafkaesque

I see that the forecast for Bogota is rain, rain and rain (like Lugano in the WTA, as it happens). Does anyone happen to know, if it's a big enough tourny/venue that they have a roof for the main court? I'm thinking no, but I thought I'd ask all the same :)
dmbusa

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:08 pm
I see that the forecast for Bogota is rain, rain and rain (like Lugano in the WTA, as it happens). Does anyone happen to know, if it's a big enough tourny/venue that they have a roof for the main court? I'm thinking no, but I thought I'd ask all the same :)
List of venues some are showing as having a retractable roof https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_t ... y_capacity
Derek27

Really confused. The Mirnyi/Oswald v Begemann/Sancic match (ATP Houston), according to the scoreboard it's one set all (6/7, 6/4) and they've gone into a tie break instead of the third set!!!

What's going on?
Dipstick

Because most doubles matches have very few breaks and so were going on too long, they have moved to a third set tiebreak (first to 10 not 7 though - with 2 clear points). This shortens the match and makes it more interesting for spectators as it's the equivalent of first to 3 games or so. Also makes it more interesting for the TV as well. This doesn't apply in the grand slams.

(I think it may be only on the men's doubles but not sure of that)

Small point for the BA team - this is not an option on the "Match type" drop down on tennis trader and needs to be added
Derek27

Thanks Dipstick. Still in practice mode for tennis but it's a reminder to learn the rules before trading. :)
Kafkaesque

For some of the more seasoned tennis traders: Any idea why the Davis Cup & Fed Cup attracts vastly less liquidity as opposed to ATP/WTA, despite the same players being in action? Do they just fly under the radar? Is there too much doubt about the players' motivation for these? Or something third?
Dallas

Kafkaesque wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:44 pm
For some of the more seasoned tennis traders: Any idea why the Davis Cup & Fed Cup attracts vastly less liquidity as opposed to ATP/WTA, despite the same players being in action? Do they just fly under the radar? Is there too much doubt about the players' motivation for these? Or something third?
They are both team events (Davis Cup mens, Fed cup womens) played out over a season without the prize money individual ATP/WTA tournaments have so as you say the players don't have there main focus on them and its more of a honors thing for the player
Dallas

Zverev Vs Nishikori SF was a much better match than expected, wish I'd got more involved.

Can't see there being many opportunities in tomorrows final
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:02 pm
Zverev Vs Nishikori SF was a much better match than expected, wish I'd got more involved.

Do you find more trading opportunities in matches where the players are more evenly matched as opposed to a short-priced strongly fancied favourite?
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:16 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:02 pm

Do you find more trading opportunities in matches where the players are more evenly matched as opposed to a short-priced strongly fancied favourite?
Generally yes as both players can often be traded and of course, the match is 'suppose' to be a lot more competitive but some matches with short price can produce some excellent low-risk trades - Year in year out Murray has been like an ATM.
mjay

Both Zverev and Nishikori have outstanding ability to break back when down a break in the 1st 2nd and 3rd sets.
Nishikori is particularly good at gaining the first break in the 2nd set when he has lost the first. This I feel was where the opportunity was today - Zverev available at 1.17 to lay.

I remember the final of Madrid the other year Nishikori was playing fantastic tennis against Nadal, he was properly on the ropes. Nadal dug in and Nishikori buckled. This however was jsut before the dip in Nadals form so he may have been flattering a little.

Nadal has been broken several times this week, but the market hardly moves as it is so in love with him.
Nishikori needs the first set tomorrow for any chance. The extreme slow conditions at Monte Carlo and Nadals fearsome topspin just wear the opponent down - witness Dimitrov today - completely unable to handle hitting balls at head height!

Due to illness I have to rely on automation which went badly wrong in this match so ended up losing!
@Dallas would you be able to run your eye over the file and tell me what I did wrong please?
Last edited by mjay on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

mjay wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Due to illness I have to rely on automation which went badly wrong in this match so ended up losing!
@Dallas would you be able to run your eye over the file and tell me what I did wrong please?
Sure, I can take a quick look for you

Return to “Tennis Trading”