Today's Tennis

Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:46 pm
Ronnie O'Sullivan has won 19 Major (Triple Crown) titles — the most by any player in history, including a record seven UK Championships and a record seven Masters titles. What about him?
I think it needs to be taken in context, Britain just doesn't produce good Professional Tennis players, with the exception of 1-2 grand slam runner-ups Murray is the only British player since Fred Perry in the early 1930s to have reached let alone won any Grand Slam's - won 3, runner up 8 times in his career.
He's also the first and only British player ever to reach the rank of world number 1

I doubt most of us will see another British player male or female surpass his record/achievements in our lifetime.
eatyourgreens

I think Dallas will sadly miss The Bank of Murray! :lol:
spreadbetting

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:41 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm
Murray has been good, but for the tv news to be speculating that he's our greatest sportsmen ever is ridiculous.
Not following tennis, I thought that 3 grand slams meant that he'd won all the majors in a year 3 times. Turns out a grand slam is just a single major tournament! The list of people who've achieved more than that is a long one, we'll start with Lewis Hamilton and his 5 world championships, or McCoy and his total dominance of racing for decades. Murray the greatest British sportsman ever, not even close. ....and all that crying at the press conference, ffs get a grip man!
Bollocks. Murray has been an immense sportsman, far superior to Hamilton and McCoy...........they just sat in a car, or on a horse
I'm no fan of Murray, as he's a right miserable git, but what he's acheived is pretty immense and he'll never get the recognition he deserves. Not knocking Hamilton or McCoy but they're really team sports where one person gets the headlines and are just as much reliant on the horses you're riding, usually favs for McCoy, and the team in motorsports.
ruthlessimon

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:43 pm
I think it needs to be taken in context, Britain just doesn't produce good Professional Tennis players.

I doubt most of us will see another British player male or female surpass his record/achievements in our lifetime.
When's the next British triple GT winner gonna be?

Come on Dall, you know Froome supersedes Murray :)
Dallas

ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:37 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:43 pm
I think it needs to be taken in context, Britain just doesn't produce good Professional Tennis players.

When's the next British triple GT winner gonna be?

Come on Dall, you know Froome supersedes Murray :)
I am slightly biased towards Froome ;)
Balmus

Seems to be issues with live scores and feeds from the German challenger. 365 have dropped the matches, Betfair scores API not working and no scoreboard sites are working. Anyone have any idea as to why? Thanks
Euler

It's probably an issue with the feed provider I guess. They stream from the umpires tablet on court, so something must be broken in that chain from there to the provider or outward from there.
Nero Tulip

Bizarre match between Parmentier and Duan just now.. 1st set Duan fell randomly, called trainer out and looked like she couldn't move at all well.. 1.01 was matched in the 2nd as Parm took lead, treatments continued which began to work, regained her movement and Duan went on to boss the match.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trading96

Brady/Zidansek Andreescu's SF & F Ostapenko/Mladenovic Gorges/Zvonereva

Spoilt recently, not to mention the Australian Open Final.
Trading96

Tomjanovic cracks up... (again)
Dallas

Baghdatis at 5-4 and 40-15 serving for the match - flunked it and lost the set
10mins later out to 2.5s from 1.03
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Considering I only joined this match at the start of the 2nd set it's proven to be well worth it and filled today's coffer jar with just two trades
Dallas

Tempted to go in again but don't want to push my luck
mcgoo

Dallas wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 pm
Tempted to go in again but don't want to push my luck
Yeah was a good match to trade that's for sure.My bot went in twice and got 15% and 25% :mrgreen:
Trading96

Trading96 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 pm
Tomjanovic cracks up... (again)

Return to “Tennis Trading”