Today's Tennis

mcgoo

Thanks for the 30% Caroline :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :ugeek:
markyfletcher27

Berdych @1.56 v Cecchinato seems pretty appealing. Over £500k matched and a lot of big chunks forcing the price out which seems a little strange to me.
Balmus

markyfletcher27 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:03 pm
Berdych @1.56 v Cecchinato seems pretty appealing. Over £500k matched and a lot of big chunks forcing the price out which seems a little strange to me.
I make him 1.41 :D
Balmus

Looks like Djokovic is in trouble. RBA serving for the match. I think Novak is too short at 2.24 for the Australian open and have taken a small lay position on him.
Balmus

I think the market is giving too much to RBA, I make this an even money match. Either way I expect it to trade well.
Balmus

Balmus wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:10 pm
Looks like Djokovic is in trouble. RBA serving for the match. I think Novak is too short at 2.24 for the Australian open and have taken a small lay position on him.
Out to 2.34/36. Getting closer to where he will be.
mklim_irlpl

30k fat finger?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balmus

I dont think so. There was someone in that market playing big and leaving big chunks up to get filled, often at prices better than the market wanted it to be at. Was a horrible match to trade. Managed to esape with £40 odd green but was very red at times. :oops:
Derek27

Waited an hour for the Querrey match to start and it looks like it's only going to last one game before the players are off the court!
Kafkaesque

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... -interview

A good piece. Must admit to being a bit of a fan of Halep, as much as I can be in a sport where I'm largely a neutral obverser. Very interesting to get an insight in how far she pushed herself overall and specifically last season.

I think, the reason I'm in her corner is how obvious it was that she was battling inner demons stopping her getting her to where she wanted to be...and managed to beat them in the end last summer.

More relevant here is what this does to a player previously exploitable, as a trader, with her flaky streaks. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions as to how it should effect your strategies towards her matches, that she is - seemingly - more at ease (and without a coach) :) Both good info all the same imo.
sa7med

Dallas

Andy Murray looks likely to retire after the Australian open through ongoing issues following his hip operation.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/46833018

I've often posted about how he's a 'ATM' from a trading perspective when playing but I'll sure miss watching him play and think it'll unfortunately be a while before Britain produces another player like him
ShaunWhite

Murray has been good, but for the tv news to be speculating that he's our greatest sportsmen ever is ridiculous.
Not following tennis, I thought that 3 grand slams meant that he'd won all the majors in a year 3 times. Turns out a grand slam is just a single major tournament! The list of people who've achieved more than that is a long one, we'll start with Lewis Hamilton and his 5 world championships, or McCoy and his total dominance of racing for decades. Murray the greatest British sportsman ever, not even close. ....and all that crying at the press conference, ffs get a grip man!
ShaunWhite

Confused : Just looked up "Grand Slam"
If someone wins a grand slam, they win all the major tournaments in a season in a particular sport, for example in golf or tennis.

ok maybe I take it back, I didn't realise he'd won all the majors in a year 3 times.
LeTiss

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm
Murray has been good, but for the tv news to be speculating that he's our greatest sportsmen ever is ridiculous.
Not following tennis, I thought that 3 grand slams meant that he'd won all the majors in a year 3 times. Turns out a grand slam is just a single major tournament! The list of people who've achieved more than that is a long one, we'll start with Lewis Hamilton and his 5 world championships, or McCoy and his total dominance of racing for decades. Murray the greatest British sportsman ever, not even close. ....and all that crying at the press conference, ffs get a grip man!
Bollocks. Murray has been an immense sportsman, far superior to Hamilton and McCoy...........they just sat in a car, or on a horse

Return to “Tennis Trading”