Today's Tennis

Derek27

The M v M match looks pretty one-sided.
Nero Tulip

That was a wild match for a monday morning.. Gavrilova / Kr Pliskova.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
onlywin

Hello people!Who Know the rules of tennis very well?I have some problem ,my bet was voided by betfair exchange and i think its illegal.I bet on the match Rybarikova Minella,the final score was 3:6 2:3(Rybarikova retired).All bets on the result market was calculated but i bet also against 2:0 sets Rybarikova.I think the the result was determined 100% cause it cant be 2:0,but supportt referred to the rule 22 Tennis "Where markets are offered on individual games or sets within a match, a retirement or disqualification during a game or set will render bets on that game or set market and all individual game or set markets void except those on markets which have been unconditionally determined"
I think this rule confirms my words cause the result have been unconditionnaly determined,it cannot be 2 :0 by sets in this game
Who have such problems with voided bet?
onlywin

Hello people!Who Know the rules of tennis very well?I have some problem ,my bet was voided by betfair exchange and i think its illegal.I bet on the match Rybarikova Minella,the final score was 3:6 2:3(Rybarikova retired).All bets on the result market was calculated but i bet also against 2:0 sets Rybarikova.I think the the result was determined 100% cause it cant be 2:0,but supportt referred to the rule 22 Tennis "Where markets are offered on individual games or sets within a match, a retirement or disqualification during a game or set will render bets on that game or set market and all individual game or set markets void except those on markets which have been unconditionally determined"
I think this rule confirms my words cause the result have been unconditionnaly determined,it cannot be 2 :0 by sets in this game
Who have such problems with voided bet?
Black Ice

BEWARE: For anyone trading tennis who didn't know...like me! :o I backed Giorgi at evens to win against Azarenka..cos i cd see that AZ was struggling health wise. AZ retires at 5-3 Giorgi..so i have a winning bet right? WRONG!!! Just got onto BF CS to be told that if a player retires before end of first set..the bet is voided...you can't win!! :twisted: !! TBF they have agreed to refund (most) of my bet. Lesson: Dn't bother to trade a player in 1st set cos one is injured!
Dallas

Black Ice wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:50 pm
BEWARE: For anyone trading tennis who didn't know...like me! :o I backed Giorgi at evens to win against Azarenka..cos i cd see that AZ was struggling health wise. AZ retires at 5-3 Giorgi..so i have a winning bet right? WRONG!!! Just got onto BF CS to be told that if a player retires before end of first set..the bet is voided...you can't win!! :twisted: !! TBF they have agreed to refund (most) of my bet. Lesson: Dn't bother to trade a player in 1st set cos one is injured!
If the 1st set isn't completed all bets get void so you should get all stakes/bets returned automatically not 'most' of it
Kafkaesque

Black Ice wrote:
Indeed good info for anyone unaware. It should be said though, that in the vast majority of cases an injured player will soldier through the first set and then throw the towel once they have to come back from a set down while injured. Most situations where the injury is so bad that there's a risk of retirement before the end of the 1st set, the injury will be so obvious that the price will quickly reflect it with a very shortened price.
Derek27

Black Ice wrote:
But you can't lose either?

Strikes me as possibly a good bet anyway because if AZ did manage to get through the first set (possibly retiring before another ball is served), your even money might have looked good.
Black Ice

Thanks for the responses Guys. Naomi Osaka is the COOLEST dude on the women's circuit!! I'm a huge fan :D (not much good for trding though!!)
Trading96

Tomljanovic is good for trading though
Nero Tulip

Siniakova v Garcia market queuing status: Mild to moderate stuffiness.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Somebody must be very confident that they are ahead of the crowd.
Nero Tulip

Euler wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:43 pm
Somebody must be very confident that they are ahead of the crowd.
yes, an injury to the 'wrong' player would be precarious, or a loss of connection.. not that there's enough money in the market to fill all that..

it's pushed the price out on garcia, 'no point in backing a player who has a wall of money laying' perhaps. I've added more though, after she was broken.. inflated price, won't be inflated forever (ideally when she hits 1.00 ! And not when I have to rely on a wall of money laying Siniakova to cut. )
Nero Tulip

got out < 1.1... near enough on price thankfully and with the assumption that the wall would come back... which it mostly has. fun match. been a lively day, the Kasatkina match was particularly mental, Xiyu Wang definitely one to watch!
Trading96

It is an amazing day of tennis - will post graphs when its all done.

Return to “Tennis Trading”