Today's Tennis

Kafkaesque

Had actually planned for tennis to be done for 2018, but by chance spotted the names playing the ITF in Dubai. It seems with the players there, that it is terms of player strength is nearly the same as a medium-size WTA event (bar lacking the 2, 3, 4 big-ish names in such an event). There's next to nothing going on in the markets though.

Anyone with a history of tracking these ITF's outside of the WTA season know if liquidity can be expected closer to match time tomorrow? If not, why so: Just the ITF name enough to keep people away? Poor coverage? Something else?
Dallas

They are much less liquid than the ATP/WTA matches, also there is no API score feed for ITF matches
Trading96

Have BF stopped allowing requests on the outright markets?

I requested Yastremska but not got a response.
Kafkaesque

Nadal.PNG
Nadal's graph vs Anderson in few hours. After his injury struggles this year, I assume there's some niggling injury in play. A quick search gave me no real input into what's causing the swings, and which side I should venture on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balmus

This Nadal v Anderson market reminds me of markets 6-10 years ago. People taking silly prices, lots of resting orders being left and good volume.
Balmus

Some real lumpy chunks of money resting at silly prices on the Kohly v Berdych match. 3.2m matched so far!
LeTiss

I'm keen to see what liquidity levels will be like on the ATP Tour in 2019 - now that Amazon Prime has the bulk of the action, you'd think viewing figures will be lower at present
Balmus

I agree and to make it worse, prime video has a huge delay. I think 365 will still stream most of it though.

I've traded about 20 matches so far in the last two days and liquidity has been as expected... until I arrived at this match in Doha!!
Trading96

Lots of big bets going in on the Wozniacki match (pre match), nothing like any of the other matches and it is still a long way off.
Balmus

Trading96 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:10 am
Lots of big bets going in on the Wozniacki match (pre match), nothing like any of the other matches and it is still a long way off.
Seems very strange! over £1.5M matched pre match. Only thing I can find is about her diagnosis, i've linked the article below.

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/n ... diagnosis/
Dallas

Balmus wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:35 pm
Trading96 wrote:
Seems very strange! over £1.5M matched pre match. Only thing I can find is about her diagnosis, i've linked the article below.

It seems a staggering amount of money for such a match
Trading96

Balmus wrote:
Trading96 wrote:

Yeah and Siegemund hasn't played that many tour level matches recently so uncertainty on both sides

Stats say Wozniacki should batter her fwiw, it's tempting to back her at the price, it doesn't really make sense because if you have only 66% chance of beating Siegemund on hard you would ordinarily be approx 3 figure price for the Aussie Open.

edit must have drifted in last couple of days just checked the price outright, was 25's last week. Makes a bit more sense.
Balmus

Trading96 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:03 pm
Balmus wrote:
Trading96 wrote:

Yeah and Siegemund hasn't played that many tour level matches recently so uncertainty on both sides

Stats say Wozniacki should batter her fwiw, it's tempting to back her at the price, it doesn't really make sense because if you have only 66% chance of beating Siegemund on hard you would ordinarily be approx 3 figure price for the Aussie Open.

edit must have drifted in last couple of days just checked the price outright, was 25's last week. Makes a bit more sense.
FYI my model has Woz @ 1.23 / Sieg @ 5.35 so way off the market...
Balmus

Pinnacle last traded price was 1.34, all very strange.
Balmus

£1.55M matched on the Anderson v Djere match BEFORE the off. Anderson traded as low as 1.11 and as high as 1.57. :o

Return to “Tennis Trading”