Today's Tennis

Black Ice

Agree mjay..good summing up!...be lucky..& thanks...
Dallas

4 breaks from the opening 4 games
Dallas

No shortage of opportunities in the first set (8 breaks in 12 games)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mjay

I love watching Ostapenko but her errors to winners is a problem. 8 break opportunities each but Stephens just more consistent.

This is the problem I have with WTA; the opportunities were there but the tick movement for a break is so much less than the ATP that
you really need a hold as well - fat chance with these two!
mjay

Men's Final. Zverev leads H2H 3-0. Their last 2 matches have been tight with 4 tiebreaks.
Zverev as the young, exciting player has great break back stats in all sets - unlike the serve orientated Isner.

Isner has looked very composed this week after a poor start to the year. If he could just sneak a break he could be hard to pin back.
Maybe Zverev maybe worth opposing if he takes the first set, but it should be an interesting clash of styles.
Dallas

Looking like we have a match in the men's final!
Trading96

Isner bottles 0-40
mjay

It’s the tennis equivalent of a wet Monday afternoon at Carlisle after the Cheltenham Festival with WTA tournaments at Charleston on the Clay and Monterrey (Hard). A real selection of flotsam and jetsam from the top 200 on display with Monterrey looking even more poor.

At Charleston the majority of players look opposable if they take the 1st set / set+ break and are at short odds.

However WTA 1st round matches are a nightmare with motivation and fitness to be taken on trust – caveat emptor!
Derek27

Really frustrating waiting for a tennis match to start. Betfair keep putting back the Rzaki match start time 10 minutes while some idiot is on the tennis court giving a speech!
Derek27

Looks like it was the opening ceremony.
Dallas

With yesterdays Charleston semi finals interrupted both the semi's and final will be played later today which could create some good opportunities in this evenings final
ludite

I really fancy Bertens chances today , but there is a question mark on her fitness , does anyone have any news on this please ?
Dallas

A decent 1st set
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kafkaesque

I see that the forecast for Bogota is rain, rain and rain (like Lugano in the WTA, as it happens). Does anyone happen to know, if it's a big enough tourny/venue that they have a roof for the main court? I'm thinking no, but I thought I'd ask all the same :)
dmbusa

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:08 pm
I see that the forecast for Bogota is rain, rain and rain (like Lugano in the WTA, as it happens). Does anyone happen to know, if it's a big enough tourny/venue that they have a roof for the main court? I'm thinking no, but I thought I'd ask all the same :)
List of venues some are showing as having a retractable roof https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_t ... y_capacity

Return to “Tennis Trading”