Strange bot

98lewisj

I was trying to close out a position I had open on the winners market for the US open. Watch this clip.

http://youtu.be/dKYpNOI_FI0?list=UU_hnT ... hmItH9FSzw

As soon as I click to close the trade by laying at 3.8 where there is obviously money available, the Back money disappears. Take out my lay bet and it returns.

At first I just thought Its a bot but then thought how can you have money in the market at the offer price that will not get matched? The strangest thing is on the Betfair site I closed out a second later and took the money that didn't want to be matched.

Any one shed any light on this??
PeterLe

That's weird isn't it? I must admit Ive never had that problem before?
98lewisj

I layed a £10 at 3.8 just before this vid and it was matched, tried to close the £220 odd out again and it didn't want to know.
LinusP

Surely that is just betangel xm in action with the actual xm bot turned off?
steven1976

Hi Linus or anyone else,
Do you have a link to explain how the BA xm action works? I read before about turning it on and off but never read up on it.
Thanks
Steve
Euler

To put it simply, say somebody has offered to back at 2.00 in a market, with virtual bets on a lay bet will also appear at 2.00. But if you went to take that it doesn't exist of course so it vanishes.
Euler

If you have virtual bets on a malformed, i.e. not fully formed market, you just end up with junk on your screen. But on the old API Betfair didn't support virtual pricing or a clean way of knowing when it was on or not. So we simply gave people the opportunity to select it manually.
steven1976

When you say "virtual bets on", do you mean xm on/off or people see demo mode bets?

Sometimes simple to some, is rocket science to us mortals!
That's really confused me! Don't take a lot though:lol:

I think what your saying is he's using practice mode?
Euler

That's OK, it's easy for me to assume too much, so that's my issue.

This should help: -

http://www.betangel.com/user-guide/display.html
steven1976

So if he had laid up at 6s he would be quids in as there would be no backers. :lol:

Interesting that the api didn't use to know if it was a virtual bet or not. Are you referring to an old api prior to current api in use, or prior to the launch of NG?
user_mak

Does anybody knows why Betfair switches the XM calculation on and off?
LinusP

Non runners and liquidity I believe, if it worked during the morning horse racing markets it could end up badly exposed if runners started being removed.

Return to “Tennis Trading”