Three Against the Field at the Deutsche Bank Championship

skyvia

Tiger Woods left everyone scratching their heads last week. For two-and-a-half rounds of the four we saw the old Tiger, but his collapse halfway through was quite shocking. However, two-and-a-half rounds of the old Tiger is enough to give him number one spot in the column this week. The pressure is on a good performance to put himself firmly in the FedEx cup picture and I think we'll get one.

Jim Furyk must be raring to go and I'm sure the only way he's willing to forgive himself for last week's fiasco (he overslept, missed his tee time and was disqualified) is with a victory here. Jim has two top 10s in his last two attempts in the Deutsche Bank, I'm sure he won't be far away come Sunday.

Justin Rose must be hurting after last week's omission from the Ryder Cup team. Rose was the forgotten man, most pundits had decided he would be missing out despite his wonderful run of form mid-season. He can count himself very unlucky, but a big FedEx Cup cheque can help ease the pain and likePaul Casey, Rose will be aiming to send Europe into Ryder Cup battle without the FedEx Cup winner. The Punter also thinks the forgotten men will go well...

Bubba Watch: Bubba's form isn't particuarly inspiring at the Deutsche Bank, and I think it might be worth keeping the Bubba powder dry for another week. Besides, he seems like he's been having far too much fun in the build up...

Dangers: Steve Stricker finished like a steam train last week, he came from nowhere and as defending champion he has to rate the main danger this week. However, there's not much mileage in the price. Dustin Johnson was fourth here last year and he seems to be a danger every week these days, again, the price is a wee bit skinny though. Rickie Fowler played really well last week without ever landing a blow at the top of the leaderboard, this is one last chance to catch Ryder Cup captain Pavin's eye and his price looks very tasty.

Return to “Trading Golf”