US Masters 2012

icarus121

Great golf now..

Like the look of POULTER ,big price at 40,s 50,s he is hitting the ball well and always attacks the course.BOOM Or BUST

GL
JollyGreen

It's amazing that Oosthuizen isn't really playing that well, he's made some poor chips and iron approach shots but he's putted brilliantly to get himself out of trouble.

The rest of the field are all stuttering and Oosthuizen is benefiting.
icarus121

Good evening JG.Im also like yourself a keen golfer.
Oostuizen is a big lay for me as he comes to amen corner ,we will se if his golf can stand the test under this pressure.2.6 IS WAY TOO SHORT. :idea:
Euler

Harrington is only three behind and is at 17's could be an outside chance if he picks up some shots. May be worth an outside bet. It's shaping up to an interesting finish.
Euler

Harrington just missed a decent birdie chance. Not enough holes now for him. Seven, possibly eight players still in with a shout.
PeterLe

Great Competition!
I dont know if this was typical Masters, I think the way to trade this is to lay the field below 2..? The prices was bouncing around like crazy!

Edit: During the last hour i simply scalped this one by laying first on each player and made about an extra 30 quid. It was very easy to do.
On reflection this would have been an event that a simple BOT (Laying the fav) would have worked a treat

Remember seeing that over 26m was traded (maybe more) and if you had started out with a liability of 50 -100 quid and left the BOT running over the full event, I wonder how much could have been made?

Regards
Peter
JollyGreen

Hi Peter

You generally find the price will only drop to < 2.0 in the final round and at the Masters it generally occurs from hole 13-14 dependant on how much of a lead there is for the top golfer. You get occasions where players start at <2.0 , Dustin Johnson in the US Open was one and he imploded after virtually one hole.

As the closing holes draw closer, the prices of the front two contract as other players are discounted. If one hits a bad shot the prices can go mental as I am sure you witnessed last night.

What really caught me out was the albatross by Oosthuizen and the triple bogey 6 by Mickelson! I ended up seeing a good position turn sour very quickly. When you consider that is only the fourth Albatross in Masters' history it shows how unlucky I was. I also watched Oosthuizen closely and his approach play was not that great. His putting was amazing and that saved his position but if you removed the freak Albatross and gave him a birdie or an eagle, the market would have been so much more different as he was only -3 on the day from that one shot! That's not sour grapes because it ruined my trade, I know he did such a job with the putter and I admire his tenacity. To me he surely couldn't keep scrambling like that but he did it again and again. Then finally he played a poor approach at the play off hole, another poor chip and the rest was as they say is history.

I traded out for a loss because I couldn't hold my position any longer. If I had waited for the play off I am sure my heart would've given out!

JG
PeterLe

Hi JG
To be honest I was engrossed in the match and kind of trading on auto pilot, really enjoyable to watch..
re my earlier comment on trading this with a BOT, I was thinking which other markets would potentially have big swings too and would suit a similar approach (laying the leader)...I was thinking the marathon in the Olympics? (especially if you add the possible 'demonstrator' intervention into the equation?? some idiot will try and disrupt that?)
The downside to trading these type of events is that we can only have 20 data reqs/second and do I want to invest those 20 in those markets rather than the racing??

Oh - Whilst I think on; Dutching the field pre event was good too..for anyone new out there..when you dutch large fields, do it manually as there will be many individuals already trading at 1000 and if you attempt to place a bet on for less than 2 pounds as part of your dutch bet it will automatically get matched at 1000 so not ideal.. (Snooker fairly good for this too - tournament collapse)..
PeterLe

PeterLe wrote: re my earlier comment on trading this with a BOT, I was thinking which other markets would potentially have big swings too and would suit a similar approach (laying the leader)...I was thinking the marathon in the Olympics? (especially if you add the possible 'demonstrator' intervention into the equation?? some idiot will try and disrupt that?)
The downside to trading these type of events is that we can only have 20 data reqs/second and do I want to invest those 20 in those markets rather than the racing??
I mentioned above about the possible demonstrator intervention..well just read in the paper they are highlighting possible events that could be subjected to this:-

Cycling Road Race (Difficult to secure 150 mile event)
Marathons
Race Walking (less than above)
Open Water Swimming (Both in Hyde Park)..the entire south bank is open to the public - with no tickets..

Not sure whether Betfair would void an interrupted market, but worth a thought..(as I'm sure it will be on the contestants minds too)..

Return to “Trading Golf”