Some Open advice needed

Consty1

I'm fairly new to trading golf but thought I'd have a play around with dutching a group of large priced outsiders for the Open. The issue is I'm now unsure as to where to exit the trade. I understand golf's a volatile sport so I should I be looking to take a minimum ROI or perhaps let the profits potentially run into day 2 etc? I don't want to be greedy but at the same time I also don't want to cut away any value I have in my current position if that makes sense.

Zach Johnson was one of my picks and as he dropped a shot at the 17th I've lost a fair bit of green already so I'll probably just let it ride now. It just got me thinking as to what the minimum return I should have aimed to take.
Euler

I tend to fix my liability so each succesful trade reduces that liability. Analyse the course to find where the hardest and easiest holes are. Look at the conditions and tee times of the players. As players approach key parts of the courst that's probably the time to exit trades.

You can never quite tell with Golf though. My position was looking much better last night until woods bloody holed from a bunker on the 18th.
Consty1

Thanks for the reply Peter. I learnt a lot from studying the prices over the last few days so it should hold me in good stead for the next major.

Return to “Trading Golf”