Masters 2014

PeterLe

Its been a good one to trade this year that's for sure
Ive just tidied it up a bit, but the dutching resulted in 112% of original stake.
I scalped the odd one and traded a few out early
Only wish I'd been a bot more aggressive on the staking!

Peter, some good tips in the blog thanks
Consty1

That pretty much mirrors my results PeterLe but I used such small stakes that I'm tempted to use my green to dutch again.
PeterLe

Hi Consty,
Just curious; I dutched 100-500, did you go higher/lower?
Im not sure I'd go back in again with a dutch at this stage if i were you? Some of the other traders may be able to advise?

From memory; last year I simply scalped the leader (lay first) and that world well. If you do that on the holes where they are likely to drop a shot, then it should be fairly safe?

Anyway good luck
Regards
Peter

PS be careful if you are greening up as some are still trading at 1000, you dont want to give any profit away at this stage..
Euler

82% of eventual winners have historically been within 5 shots of the lead at the start of day three. The market is currently pricing 5 from the lead at 78%.
Consty1

I dutched 200-600. I've left bigger profit on a couple of players but I'd like to try and get some on Bubba and Scott but not at current odds.
superfrank

found the tournament pretty dull so far apart from Bubba - too many big name players underperforming.

tired of the commentators going on about how special the course is every 5 mins, yeah yeah we know.

i suspected McIlroy would do badly but hoped to lay him around 5... he used to have such a beautiful effortless swing but now tries to hit the ball too hard - imho he should take an extra club and get back to that swing. iffy putting stroke too.

also wanted to lay Garcia - he can't putt for sh1t these days and was never gonna win.

doing ok so far, hope things heat up a bit this weekend and it's not just a Bubba show.
BJGardner

tired of the commentators going on about how special the course is every 5 mins, yeah yeah we know.
Yeah makes me feel guilty and that I should get out in the garden and cut the grass :oops:
PeterLe

Morning
I hope you are all doing well in the masters?
I lost a chunk of my profits trading bubba last night, I just seemed to get it completely wrong last night!
Anyway, I just wanted to share something that worked well in day two.
Attached is the graph of the top six players. These were necessarily the ones I traded, I was just attaching as an example
On day two, I dutched some of the top players (at odds well outside) where they were trading, only for small odds. At the end of the day, I was surprised just how many had been matched.
Im sure this won't work well on the last day, but for future competitions maybe. (pref from day one too)
It makes a massive difference when yo get matched at say 500 to 1 even if its just 50p
Regards
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
superfrank

PeterLe wrote:I lost a chunk of my profits trading bubba last night, I just seemed to get it completely wrong last night!
same here! wiped my profits last night. 'had what i thought was a nice value lay on Bubba but then all the 4 main challengers dropped at shot at the same time, slapping it in the water and all over the place and i bottled out with Bubba having a couple of par 5s coming up.

oh well, at least the tournament has got exciting and should be good this eve.
LeTiss

Golf is a fantastic earner for me, but we all have different strategies and trading styles - I prefer the normal weekly tournaments, as there's just too much money in the outright Masters market to implement the trades I normally do.

My best result has come on top 5 finish
marko236

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Golf is a fantastic earner for me, but we all have different strategies and trading styles - I prefer the normal weekly tournaments, as there's just too much money in the outright Masters market to implement the trades I normally do.

My best result has come on top 5 finish
I'm going for Fowler and Rose for top 5 finish, wot you think Letiss?
Euler

I'm all out and will watch it!
ps1967

Huge fat finger on Bjorn, 50 down to 3

http://i57.tinypic.com/znwyh0.jpg
BJGardner

Think its Bubbas, no repeat of this awkward momwnt plwas
http://youtu.be/TFbYiudhtSA
honeymill

I was scalping Jordan Spieth in the final round. Luckily I had a few back bets in when the price plummeted. Ten seconds or so later I saw him on TV (Sky) chip in from a bunker.
Does anybody know what the time delay is on golf TV coverage or does in vary?

Return to “Trading Golf”