Tonight's boxing

Crazyskier

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:46 pm

And "Christian" doesn't mean much about his character either especially when preceeded by "devout" which usually means he's got 2000 year old attitudes like most religious fundamentalists.

That Abu Hamza is a nice lad, dedicated family man apparently.
So you're comparing Christians who follow the teachings of Christ, living in a Christian country, celebrating the birth of Christ 2018 years ago, to a radical muslim extremist convicted arab terrorist?

Words fail me! :(
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:

Cheers buddy, I'm quite versatile too...

abuhamza2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:46 am

So you're comparing Christians who follow the teachings of Christ,
Looked like he was comparing fundamentalists rather than lumping together all christians to me.
Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:46 am

living in a Christian country, celebrating the birth of Christ 2018 years ago, to a radical muslim extremist convicted arab terrorist?

Words fail me! :(
Debateable, considering recent surveys have shown more british people identify as non religious these days and a lot of people probably just tick the C of E box out of habit rather than anything else.

Nearly half - 48.6 per cent - of UK adults say they are not religious, compared to just 43 per cent who are Christian. The proportion of Christians in the UK has dropped from two-thirds of adults in 1983.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Why is "dedicated family man" always used to describe guys like him as if it's some sort of virtue. It should be a given and an absolute minimum requirement of anyone calling themselves a man. Big deal.

And "Christian" doesn't mean much about his character either especially when preceeded by "devout" which usually means he's got 2000 year old attitudes like most religious fundamentalists.

Apparently Abu Hamza was a decent boxer in his day, killer right hook by all accounts
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:44 pm
Apparently Abu Hamza was a decent boxer in his day, killer right hook by all accounts
:D

To the other comment above, I obviously wasn't saying Hamza was a nice fella :roll: Just pointing out the bleedin' obvious that when you have to resort to saying someone is a decent 'family man', you're really clasping at straws to find something positive to say. I go to quite a few funerals with my old ma when they box up her friends, when the eulogy starts with that phrase you know it'll be nice and short.

But tbf who gives a toss about Fury. Why are we wasting our time bickering about him? He's just a man who's good at his job and like most 'sportsmen' his opinions are about as interesting as those of my binman. When that sport is being punched in the face you know you're probably not going to be dealing with a member of mensa. I think we're probably all too smart to be taking any notice of someone who's clearly the villiage idiot even if he is good at thumping people.
Crazyskier

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:56 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:44 pm
:D

To the other comment above, I obviously wasn't saying Hamza was a nice fella :roll:
No shaun, you compared an honest, if openly candid, Christian bloke to a rabid, extremist terrorist convicted of inspiring horrific atrocities!

Not cool. Not big. Not clever.

CS
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:03 pm

No shaun, you compared an honest, if openly candid, Christian bloke to a rabid, extremist terrorist convicted of inspiring horrific atrocities!

CS
Yes Shaun how dare you compare Tyson Fury to Abu Hamza!!!!! One wants to throw gay people off roofs while the other just want them to burn in hell!!! Shame on you! :P

CS seriously though if you want to use Fury's religious beliefs as an excuse for his views on gay people thats one thing but how do you explain away his Antisemitism and sexism? Didn't he say in an interview that a womans place is in the kitchen and on her back? Not sure what Jesus would think about that but hey who knows what 'The Big J' got up to behind close doors, might explain why Mary Magdalene was written out of the history books
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:28 pm
Crazyskier wrote:

CS
CS seriously though if you want to use Fury's religious beliefs as an excuse for his views on gay people thats one thing but how do you explain away his Antisemitism and sexism? Didn't he say in an interview that a womans place is in the kitchen and on her back? Not sure what Jesus would think about that but hey who knows what 'The Big J' got up to behind close doors, might explain why Mary Magdalene was written out of the history books
Hiya Pat. I'm not saying that I necessarily share the sentiments of Tyson, nor am I condoning his behaviour in any way; however I feel that just because he has what are now seen as rather old-fashioned views, and shares them openly, he should not be castigated the way he was in the press (we're supposedly still a free country with free speech and all that), and certainly he shouldn't be compared to a terrorist extremist on any level!

CS
ShaunWhite

Crazyskier wrote:

CS
That's me told :? I'm just having a friendly sparring match with you CS. ;)

I wasn't comparing Fury and Hamza's day jobs, just that depending what side of the River Jordon you stand, "honest candid family guy" could apply to either. So far I'll accept "not a homicidal maniac" as being a really good thing about Fury, but I was hoping for a bit more.

Tell you what, I'll throw the towel in, you can have this one.
Like I said to shr we can all admire whoever we want, be that Fury and Farage, or Drogba and the Dalai Lama.

Balotelli was a better example but it didn't alliterate :)
ShaunWhite

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:43 pm
rather old-fashioned views, and shares them openly
He should join my mum's bowls club! Fury would seem like Paris Lees compared to them. :)
Naffman

Obviously some people are impressed with him, into 8.8 in the SPOTY market
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:24 pm
To be fair unlike most who win SPOTY he does actually have a personality :)
Crazyskier

Naffman wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:24 pm
Can you image Mr. ''virtue-signaller'' himself Gary Lineker's face if Fury were to win, after last year's debacle? :lol:

If only...

CS
Naffman

The money buyers let down again last night
Dallas

What were Joshua's odds at the start?

Return to “Boxing”