Mayweather V McGregor

sionascaig

The cynic in me thinks this will be closer than it should be in order to justify another payday for the two contestants so had a quick look at the markets on offer:

- theres a lot!
- £19.6m matched already on outcome

Really tempted by a small lay on Mayweather on the grounds he may spin it out a bit.

Thoughts?
Naffman

I don't think there's any value laying Mayweather at the current quote (curr. 1.29) as we all know he hates to get hit and the longer it goes on the less change McGregor has.

But I agree, it smells like they'll want a rematch but I can't imagine Mayweather giving up his unbeaten record he's worked so hard for just for a little bit more money.

I'll watch how the first round plays out and maybe place a few bets from there.
welshboy06

The fight will probably end in a double K.O like in some far fetched movie. Round 10, both go in for a punch and knock the other out. Pre rehersed obviously..
rkylax

In my eyes I only see 2 outcomes, either Mayweather wins on points, or mcGregor finds his way through and lands his KO, specially since they switched the gloves...

Both outcomes pays well still
Bluesky

I will be amazed and quite a bit poorer if McGregor wins. My only worry is that there might be moves behind the scene into making this a two or three match series in which case such is life. Backing Mayweather looks very much like buying money to me, but I've been wrong before so we shall see.
Dallas

Its already become the biggest boxing market ever on Betfair
trader44

Really tempted by a small lay on Mayweather on the grounds he may spin it out a bit"

save your money this wont happen. what people have to understand is that mgregor has been outboxing wrestlers who box, jujitsu guys who box so basically he hasnt had anyone like mayweather hitting him back or defending against him .floyd is a boxer through and through,no fighter has even come close to beating him, mosley hit him harder than anyone and floyd weathered it then dominated mosley..floyds defence is probably the best ever so is mgregor going to beat him in my opinion NO..the public are jumping on the back of mgregors confidence in his press conferences which i understand as he is great at MMA but floyd is as different animal . :D
trader44

Really tempted by a small lay on Mayweather on the grounds he may spin it out a bit"

apologies you obviously meant trading out bigger , i will get my coat :oops:
trader44

mgregor still wont win though :D
Naffman

I think if this was GGG or Canelo vs McGregor, then McGregor would be a lot longer than what he is now.

People maybe think Mayweather is too old, I don't think so, he could've gone on another 5 years imo. Maybe they think with all the hype and money surrounding the event that Mayweather will want to lose to get a huge payout for the rematch, again I think he respects his unbeaten record too much.

Not much value in the market but I'd definitely rather be on Mayweather at the prices.

I've been wrong many times mind you ;)
sionascaig

Naffman wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:33 pm
I think if this was GGG or Canelo vs McGregor, then McGregor would be a lot longer than what he is now.

People maybe think Mayweather is too old, I don't think so, he could've gone on another 5 years imo. Maybe they think with all the hype and money surrounding the event that Mayweather will want to lose to get a huge payout for the rematch, again I think he respects his unbeaten record too much.

Not much value in the market but I'd definitely rather be on Mayweather at the prices.

I've been wrong many times mind you ;)
I think you are right: there was £3.5m matched at 1.19 and Mayweathers drifted to 1.27 with around 4.5m matched around that price....

If in doubt probably best to sit on hands )
Archangel

Mayweather probably wins this going the distance. McGregors only real chance is to land a big hit early on, probably first 5 rounds

Mayweather is 1.26 to lay today

If McGregor tags Mayweather early on that price is going to move !
aperson

I know not everyone likes using them but the prices on Matchbook are currently out of sync for any value hunters who want to lay Mayweather. They are also offering a 1% bonus on winning for every round the fight goes, (although I'm not sure if this applies to all customers).
workpeter

back Mayweather easy money.
Archangel

If Mayweather doesnt win this in a canter its a disgrace for boxing tbh
His oponent hasnt even had a professional boxing match before

I hope McGregor bonces Mayweathers head off the canvas

Return to “Boxing”