Joshua Vs Parker

Naffman

If my memory serves me correct I'm pretty sure the only other fight where they backed the outsider strongly against AJ was Klitcscho and we all know how close that got (was winning on points and dropped Joshua)

Rumours are the winner of Price v Povetkin fights AJ (presuming he wins) next

Wilders camp are being utter kn**s - they'd rather clean out the second grade American fighters than fight Whyte or AJ, such a shame
jamdog

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:42 am

Maybe all 'they' knew was that he'll start shorter than 7, especially if big money arrives, and everybody thinks 'they know' and follows the hot gossip.
Oh boxing insiders don't know shit. There's almost an inverse relationship between involvement in boxing and ability to pick winners. Angelo Dundee said he was terrible at tipping boxing and Teddy Atlas is legendarily poor. I'd imagine boxing's not particularly attractive to pro gamblers as it just doesn't happen often enough - high turnover sports like tennis and basketball make more sense. I'd agree that highrollers with no particular knowledge could easily shift the price quite dramatically.
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 am

Rumours are the winner of Price v Povetkin fights AJ (presuming he wins) next

Wilders camp are being utter kn**s - they'd rather clean out the second grade American fighters than fight Whyte or AJ, such a shame
The British fight fans are probably the best in the world because they can fill a stadium when one of their own is fighting, the only reason Price is still in the mix is his nationality. If he was from anywhere else in the world we'd never have heard of him again after the 2nd Thompson fight. I can see him going down hard and early, big man with no chin.

I think Wilders camp are playing it the right way, Eddie Hearn has said he wants Wilder to fight Whyte next as an eliminator to fight Joshua, and he's saying if Wilder doesnt take the fight with Whyte soon then there'll be no rematch clause.. Wilder is the WBC champion so why should he jump through hoops just to make Eddie Hearn richer? Also Wilder wants a 50/50 split which Hearn isn't willing to give, which is silly as the split for the Parker fight is rumoured to be 65/35.

Matchroom have too much power as it is and Hearn is intent on signing as many fighters as he can to his stable so he can control the sport completely at the higher levels. Its not good for the sport, wasnt so long ago you had Old man Hearn, Frank Moloney & Frank Warren plus the American promotors like King and Arum. Now 1 Frank is gone never to return and the other is promoting nobodies, as is Don King, and Arum hasnt got the fighters he once did. The only promotor to rival Matchroom is Golden Boy but I dont think there are any fights to be made between the 2 camps, so Matchroom can dominate the British & Heavyweight scene for years to come especially if Wilder was to lose to Joshua.
Trading96

Been looking forward to this all day, just realised it's a Friday not Saturday. Football today threw me off.
trader44

the lay to back for me is joshua at the starting price very little risk and could cop a good trade . if it goes longer than 2 or 3 rounds and parker is competitive then joshuas price will drift. :D
deansaccount

trader44 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:50 pm
the lay to back for me is joshua at the starting price very little risk and could cop a good trade . if it goes longer than 2 or 3 rounds and parker is competitive then joshuas price will drift. :D
This is my angle, I would be very surprised if we do not see that price drift at some stage esp as the rounds go on
Naffman

I've just done a fun little double

Povetkin win 4-6 rounds
AJ win 10-12 rounds

I remember Price knocked down Hammer before losing 2 rounds later so it wouldn't surprise me to see Povetkin struggle to start.
SeaHorseRacing

Anyone know roughly the time of the fight?
jamdog

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:03 pm
Anyone know roughly the time of the fight?
Should be 10pm, SeaHorse.
trader44

laid joshua @ 1.20
SeaHorseRacing

Talksport not working atm :twisted:
Naffman

Parker looking better than I thought - problem is theres no power on his right hand
SeaHorseRacing

Having a go to see if I can get a nice steam on the draw.
SeaHorseRacing

On 80s for the draw. Come lets get 20s thats enough for me
Naffman

Parker will have to knock AJ down about twice for that to happen imo

Referee is a joke - clearly booked for AJ who prefers fighting at distance

Return to “Boxing”