Tonight's boxing

Naffman

DRAW
SeaHorseRacing

That knockdown in the 12th is the only reason it’s a draw. Still think Fury won really. But let’s be fair, referee should have ended the fight so I think it’s a fair resultZ
Naffman

That judge basically thought that apart from the knockdown rounds they shared the other 10 rounds? :?

Great fight though and can't wait for the second one
SeaHorseRacing

Naffman wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:41 am
No one gets up from that but Fury
Lol. How he got up. Fury was lucky with that ref as most refs would have ripped the gumshilled out.
Naffman

Ben Davison going in on the judge

If only boxing had a stewards inquiry :lol:
Naffman

Amazing scoring :roll:
tyson vs wilder.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeaHorseRacing

Naffman wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:39 am
Amazing scoring :roll:

tyson vs wilder.png
Incredible.

I don’t think Fury takes the rematch.

However, I do think Wilder knocks out AJ. Fair play to him.
Wilder knew he was beat after that fight and although he’s not the greatest technical boxer, he can throw some punch.

I predict Wilder beats and fights AJ. Fury retires...

Then Fury comes back again in a year and takes all the belts from Wilder.
Trader Pat

Have to hand it to Fury, I didnt see the fight but the fact he was knocked down twice and still got a draw is some achivement.

I think the biggest loser out of this is AJ. By holding out for a bigger slice of the pie Eddie Hearn has now made the biggest fight in the division a Fury / WIlder rematch, nobody in the States is talking about Anthony Joshua after last night.
Crazyskier

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:42 am
i wouldnt waste a second watching that shit fight. Tyson Fury is a wanker
Actually Tyson Fury is a dedicated family man and devout Christian, only mentioning what many Christians believe to be true.

And yes - he should indeed have won on points. Without the 12th knockdown he would have I'm sure. (The Brit ref would have awarded 114-112).

Merry Christmas!

CS
ShaunWhite

Why is "dedicated family man" always used to describe guys like him as if it's some sort of virtue. It should be a given and an absolute minimum requirement of anyone calling themselves a man. Big deal.

And "Christian" doesn't mean much about his character either especially when preceeded by "devout" which usually means he's got 2000 year old attitudes like most religious fundamentalists.

That Abu Hamza is a nice lad, dedicated family man apparently.
Crazyskier

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:46 pm

And "Christian" doesn't mean much about his character either especially when preceeded by "devout" which usually means he's got 2000 year old attitudes like most religious fundamentalists.

So you're comparing Christians who follow the teachings of Christ, living in a Christian country, celebrating the birth of Christ 2018 years ago, to a radical muslim extremist convicted arab terrorist?

Words fail me! :(
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:

Cheers buddy, I'm quite versatile too...

abuhamza2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:46 am

So you're comparing Christians who follow the teachings of Christ,
Looked like he was comparing fundamentalists rather than lumping together all christians to me.
Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:46 am

living in a Christian country, celebrating the birth of Christ 2018 years ago, to a radical muslim extremist convicted arab terrorist?

Words fail me! :(
Debateable, considering recent surveys have shown more british people identify as non religious these days and a lot of people probably just tick the C of E box out of habit rather than anything else.

Nearly half - 48.6 per cent - of UK adults say they are not religious, compared to just 43 per cent who are Christian. The proportion of Christians in the UK has dropped from two-thirds of adults in 1983.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Why is "dedicated family man" always used to describe guys like him as if it's some sort of virtue. It should be a given and an absolute minimum requirement of anyone calling themselves a man. Big deal.

Apparently Abu Hamza was a decent boxer in his day, killer right hook by all accounts
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:44 pm
Apparently Abu Hamza was a decent boxer in his day, killer right hook by all accounts
:D

To the other comment above, I obviously wasn't saying Hamza was a nice fella :roll: Just pointing out the bleedin' obvious that when you have to resort to saying someone is a decent 'family man', you're really clasping at straws to find something positive to say. I go to quite a few funerals with my old ma when they box up her friends, when the eulogy starts with that phrase you know it'll be nice and short.

But tbf who gives a toss about Fury. Why are we wasting our time bickering about him? He's just a man who's good at his job and like most 'sportsmen' his opinions are about as interesting as those of my binman. When that sport is being punched in the face you know you're probably not going to be dealing with a member of mensa. I think we're probably all too smart to be taking any notice of someone who's clearly the villiage idiot even if he is good at thumping people.

Return to “Boxing”