Tonight's boxing

Naffman

Thought I'd create a general thread so we don't have to keep making new threads :)

Amir Khan back tonight vs Lo Greco (sky sports)

No doubt Khan is the better boxer but will the lay off have an affect?

Don't know much about Lo Greco so had a look at his record and he hasn't beaten anyone of note, fought and lost against Spence and Porter though and only 1 KO (loss) in his career by the former who is arguably the best welterweight currently

Khan to win by decision at 11/4 looks far too big
Naffman

Wow how bad was Lo Greco :? :lol:
trader44

didnt see khan but have laid frampton at 109 ir see if i get a drift .he seems in control at the moment
trader44

great you made a thread naff .i enjoy boxing and like to trade it so be good to swap info opinions etc :D
MemphisFlash

the whole fight was shit!!!! if i was in Liverpool i'd want my money back.
SeaHorseRacing

Missed the fight but seen the 40 seconds KO. Wow.

If only Amir didn’t have a glass chin. People would be saying who’s AJ?
Trader Pat

It was typical Matchroom / Sky over-hyped BS.

The 'fight' was just a prelude to getting Khan & Brook facing off in the ring afterwards. That was the whole point of it, to generate interest in Khan v Brook. Hearn was never going to put Khan in with anyone that was even remotely dangerous.

Only thing that genuinely surprised me was the reception Brook got from the crowd. Thought he would have been cheered and Khan would be the one getting booed. Proves just how dumb the averge sports fan can be, wasnt so long ago that Khan was avoiding Brook saying he wasnt on his level. Now he's the one doing the chasing.
Naffman

Interesting HW matchup tomorrow night in NY with Miller vs Duhaupas

Miller wants a shot at AJ but surely even he knows he's absolutely got no chance if they do meet. He beat Wach (who broke his hand) in such poor fashion, he looked so slow when coming in quite heavy at 268lbs - he's now 304lbs!!

I know Duhaupas is getting on a bit (37yo) but he has a really good chin and I reckon his plan will be to let Miller tire out and hope to take him out late

11/1 about the Frenchman looks good odds especially with Miller coming in obese
Naffman

Haye vs Bellew tonight

I for one won't be paying £20 to watch 2 not even too 10 HW's!

Little bet on Haye get the decision but I really unpredictable fight

Any thoughts?
jamdog

Yeah I think the 1.53 at Fred's for Haye is value. If he doesn't cripple himself, he wins. I've never really rated Bellew even at light heavy - going life-and-death with Nathan Cleverly doesn't recommend him much. The question is how busted up Haye's body is. It's nice that he's got the Men's Health cover physique back but it could still be vulnerable.
Naffman

I think exactly the same, if it wasn't for Haye's injury concerns he'd be going off a lot shorter. Problem is they keep happening!

Haye was wild last time and I think he has learnt his lesson this time around

Not watching it but be good to see how Joyce v Thomas gets on - hopefully see a good performance
Trader Pat

When was the last time Haye was actually impressive in the ring?

You have to go back a long time
invisiblelayer

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:22 pm
When was the last time Haye was actually impressive in the ring?

You have to go back a long time
All about the money his comeback anyway wasn't it? Used to be a huge fan years ago. A peak and in his prime Haye would be 1.01. No involvement with bets but hardly a shock if he breaks down again, I'll still be cheering for him though and hope.he doesn't. Brutal viewing last time fighting injured
Naffman

Haye smashed from 1.5 to 1.4
Naffman

Anybody watching the WBSS CW final?

Remember when the semis had completed Usyk was around 1/3 and Gassiev was 3/1 - now both evs! I still prefer Usyk, he has an awesome style of boxing and be interesting to see if he can deal with Gassiev's power since he's moving up to HW after this

Only costs £10 on itv so well worth it if you are interested

Pre-fight build up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1eY5WpfK38

Return to “Boxing”