Tonight's boxing

Naffman

rik wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:30 am
nice! what price would you put joshua if they fought a third time?
Tough to judge in boxing how likely knockouts are, Ruiz had him a bit hurt again in the 5th or 6th round.
I don't think anyone would want to see it again tbh - can see AJ taking a couple of easy fights back in the UK tbh

Wilder, Fury and Usyk I still rate above AJ
jimibt

Reading between the lines, the Wilder v Fury contest looks to be one of power punch vs tactics.

Any words of wisdom from those that have followed the fortunes of both since their last contest.? I'm thinking that Wlder may end it due to the absolute power of his punch. However, Fury can never be discounted due to his staying power and mind for the game. Both on pretty similar odds, so maybe the draw is the one to think about :D

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/b ... .165730965
rik

Generally think Wilder points is too high, wasnt such a shutout as most media makes out. most rounds were close with not much action, punchstats quite similiar with Wilder pressing and landing harder shots. Fury clowning about what makes media biased. Depends if Wilder will attempt to win rounds or purely going for knockout as in his previous fight vs Ortiz. If he decides to box dont think its impossible to get a decision, pretty sure he wasnt 100% with hand troubles last time out.
Will have stronger opinions while watching. Read rumours about problems with Furys preparation on Twitter. Easier to judge after watching a bit, Liquidity will be good enough for inplay, boxing someone might be injured, unexpected tactics, someone bad day/low confidence etc
Anyway I hope for Fury to win, should be exiting.
jimibt

rik wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:47 pm
Generally think Wilder points is too high, wasnt such a shutout as most media makes out. most rounds were close with not much action, punchstats quite similiar with Wilder pressing and landing harder shots. Fury clowning about what makes media biased. Depends if Wilder will attempt to win rounds or purely going for knockout as in his previous fight vs Ortiz. If he decides to box dont think its impossible to get a decision, pretty sure he wasnt 100% with hand troubles last time out.
Will have stronger opinions while watching. Read rumours about problems with Furys preparation on Twitter. Easier to judge after watching a bit, Liquidity will be good enough for inplay, boxing someone might be injured, unexpected tactics, someone bad day/low confidence etc
Anyway I hope for Fury to win, should be exiting.
yup, after Fury's candid admissions about his mental health and a general *softening* of his image, I hope he fares well also... Prolly won't be taking any positions but for those that will, it looks like it could be an interesting one to take multiple opposing bets on.
wearthefoxhat

Tyson Fury weighs in and has a 3 stone advantage over Wilder!

This must be an advantage for most fighters, unless they're Eric "Butterbean"Esch @ 30st 6lbs.
(he still went the distance with a 50 year old L.Holmes)
Trader Pat

The biggest loser in this whoever wins is Joshua, there's supposedly already a deal in place for a Wilder - Fury 3 regardless of the result tonight. AJ's next fight will probably be against a camel in the desert.

I think Wilder will be much better prepared this time around and I hope he tears Fury apart, hopefully he then goes on and unifies the division to become a truly great heavyweight, the first since Lennox Lewis.
Euler

What time is the fight? I think it's early morning?
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:30 pm
What time is the fight? I think it's early morning?
05:00 GMT
greenmark

If Wilder targets Fury's eyes its probably a foregone conclusion. Micromesh won't prevent Fury being cut again. But Fury is a big brute with lots pf TKO's, so maybe he'll get in first.
Either way I doubt it'll be up with Ali/Frasier, Ali/Foreman. Ali was a boxer. He carried his showmanship into the ring, that takes a degree of self confidence that I find extrordinary.
By comparison Fury is a lumbering oaf.
rik

fury offensive approach!!
rik

am on wilder odds 5.5
rik

down again what a fight
rik

see about furys stamina if he doesnt finish
rik

think something might be wrong with wilders left hand hes adjusting his glove similar to brezeale fight when he had a problem/broke
rik

think there will be a third fight now??

Return to “Boxing”