Bet Angel on a Mac

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
shane

Is there anyone who can give me some information on using Bet Angel on a Mac? Before I spend the money to buy the Windows operating system and then buy the software to run the virtual pc (such as Parallels) I'd like some assurance that Bet Angel will work well this way. Are you or do you know of anyone who is doing this? Is it a good solution or is it cumbersome or slow?

The Bet Angel site just pointed me to a Mac website saying I could buy Parallels for my Mac computer.

I can't use the trial version of Bet Angel until I get the answer to this question and then outlay a few hundred dollars for the operating system and the software.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
icocking

Hi Shane,
I've been using Bet Angel on a Mac for about 12 months using Parallels without any problems at all, I seem to getting the same response times from Betfair as PC users are experiencing, I do however have no Mac programs running whilst using Parallels.

iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 2.8GHz. 10.6.1 OS

Hope this helps.
Ian
mbb

Hi,
I have used BetAngel on a Mac via Parallels and lately VM Fusion. (MacBook Pro, 2.33Ghz Inetle Core 2 Duo, 2Gb memory).

I believe the latest Parallels release will work with OS 10.6.1, (and VM Fusion also).

The deciding point for me was multi screen use; I run BA on my Macbook Pro, with an external monitor, to give me more screen space. At the moment I believe VM Fusion is the only product that will handle multiple monitors correctly.

There is also an Open Source product, Virtual Box, which would be worth a look, although I can't speak for it myself.

regards,
PeterLe

Hi Shane
I use an Imac running VM Ware ..Runs a treat
From my Imac I use a matrox triple head graphics card to drive an additional three monitors...
The real beauty is by using Apple spaces. I actually run four VMWare windows (NB: Suggest you have a 4MB Imac)...each capable of runing a single betangel instance (Subject to data usage 20/sec of course)...and by pressing shift and the arrows keys you can quickly switch betweens screens.
Yes its an investment; but I use my system each and every day and have never regretted it for a second..
Thanks
Peter
shane

Thanks Guys! I really appreciate the help. This is just the reassurance I need to go out this morning to buy the windows os and get Parallels started. Then I'll be all set to give Bet Angel a go.
I'm saving your responses for the information about your more advanced setups such as additional monitors. If I can make Bet Angel work successfully I can see the usefulness of an extra monitor.
Cheers,
Shane
Gary777

Try 'Virtual Box' which is made by Sun Microsystems and is given away for free. Works very well for me, no need to buy Parallels or VM Ware.
Danishsports

Hi
Have anybody tried Crossover with BA ?
Crossover runs a lot of windows programs very well, have i heard.

Haven't tried it yet, because i run BA on my Windows Virus .....Vista machine. But would love if it could run BA, it's only $69.95.
yelsnit

Hi,
Crossover does not work at present, or at least I cant get it to work. Works really well on all my other programs however.

I am going to try virtual box as someone suggested earlier, see how that goes!!
butcher84

If you ever develop for Mac's let me know i would happily be a tester for you,

i prefer macs as use it all day and i liked them BEFORE they got cool :lol:
BabyArber

Wine may help!

Don't worry, I'm not recommending drowning your sorrows in a large glass of Cabernet...

You may want to investigate using this open source tool which allows you to run windows apps on a mac:

https://www.winehq.org/

I've had some success using this tool to run windows apps on my Mac but never had the need to test it with Bet Angel.
probro

VM fusion works fine for me.
millahjovich

I've been using Bet Angel on a Mac for about 12 months using Parallels without any problems at all, I seem to getting the same response times from Betfair as PC users are experiencing, I do however have no Mac programs running whilst using Parallels.
DoubleDon

I've just set up windows using bootcamp on the Macbook Pro. It was very easy and I can't recommend it enough! ;)
ps1967

Just about to get a mac for the first time, currently using Windows, once I install BA on it is it as simple as sending over the .baf automation rules and importing them into guardian or would they need to be made again?
Dallas

ps1967 wrote:Just about to get a mac for the first time, currently using Windows, once I install BA on it is it as simple as sending over the .baf automation rules and importing them into guardian or would they need to be made again?
This thread will show easiest way to transfer all current settings including automation files
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12466

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”