Simple Profit & Loss Chart Spreadsheet

Dallas

This is a simple spreadsheet for recording your day’s results along with details of each of the markets traded including race type, going, distance, course, class etc. All this is then broke down and shown to you in easy to read charts and tables letting you see exactly where your profits and losses are coming from.

By entering your results from markets traded manually over time will be able to see which race types you do best on or how many runners in a race are favorable to your style of trading etc. and also which markets you need to work on or should maybe treat with caution or avoid in future.

If your using automation by running your rule in blanket form across all markets once a large enough sample is built you will easily be able to see the markets the rule is more suited to and those which need either further tweaking or possibly forgetting about with this particular strategy your trying.

Once downloaded create as many copies of the workbook as you want and name each one to a strategy your testing.

To use the sheet simply enter the information from each race on the ‘My Results’ tab each day (Delete all the current test data already on this tab before you start adding your own), once you have entered all your results click on any of the other tabs (except the dashboard tab) and right mouse click on any of the cells in row ‘A’ and select 'Refresh' (see bottom Image).
This will automatically update ALL the charts with the new results you have just entered including those on the ‘Dashboard’ tab.

The Dashboard tab will give you a quick overview of all the charts together so you can easily see where your profits and losses are coming from, by clicking onto any of the other tab’s you can see a larger chart and pivot table of the information shown on that chart (Do NOT enter in any information on these tabs – ONLY use the ‘My Results’ tab).

The sample size included is for 100 races so not enough to make any firm decisions from but had these results been after several hundred races just from a quick glance on the dashboard tab I can clearly see where this particular rule is performing best at and which areas maybe need attention or possibly even avoiding.

Any questions just ask.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
halfagallon

Great work again Dallas :D
Playbyte

As a retiree living in the Mediterraneum, I started looking at bet angel as a way to supplement my income about 4 months ago. I guess I am like most newbies when they start out in that I have made some significant losses, usually when I am about to get that eureka moment that the strategy I am working on looks good.

The road is long and hard to learn and gems like this all help with the understanding and gaining the necessary skills to achieve my goal.

I wish I could have that luxury of having someone with all the experience of people like Dallas, sitting beside me and explaining why I should or should not be doing what I am doing. If I had started all this many years ago when I was younger, then I wouldn't be trying to run so hard to gain the experience in a short time.
Black Ice

Hi Playbyte..I am like you..a retiree..but living in the UK!! (At least you get the sun...what r u complaining about!! :lol: )Like you i started late. I have been doing this a year and still failing to make money- yet. But am determined to get there. This chart is a massive boost in the right direction as before i reckon a lot of us were just thrashing around with all the bots trying this & that and acheiving very little. Now we have a pathway to find what works and what doesn't. Frankly- i don't know what any of us starting out would do without DALLAS...he needs a medal!!
greety

Likewise. Perhaps a spreadsheet is just what I need.
I've been using BA for about two years now losing small amounts with everything I try.
I'm 62 and talk of spreadsheets, Excel etc are daunting to someone who does not use computers in their daily work.
Thanks again Dallas.
Playbyte

Hi Dallas

I have a question about the spreadsheet, I have deleted all your test data and then entered my own set laid out exactly how you have but the charts don't update to show the relevant data.

This becomes obvious when you enter data from different race courses and distances to the data set you have used.

I followed the instructions and the Pivot table updated perfectly, it is just the chart doesn't.

I am using an iMac with Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011 Version 14.6.6

Suggestions please.

Playbyte
Dallas

It was made using Excel 2016 on a PC and TBH I have never used excel on a Mac so dont know if there is any differences between the two, although I cant see why there should be - the workbook just uses a straight forward pivot table and chart which i know have worked ok in earlier versions of excel on a PC.

When you have entered your data have you put any values in the Profit and loss column? all charts will remain blank until amounts are entered.

PS thank you for yours and all the other positive comments above
Playbyte

Yes I did enter the profit and loss Dallas.

I have a Windows laptop so I will try it on there and see what happens.

Mind you, I am a complete novice here so I could be doing something different to what it is expecting lol.

I so need to have something working for me after all these months of losses lol. My yo-yo bank seems to want toping up a bit less as time goes on while I am in the learning process.

One thing I think a newbie like me needs when working on automation, is to not only have the steps laid out to be able to enter into a new Automatic bot, but it would help me to know what each step is meant to be doing and what one should expect as sometimes you enter everything in then it doesn't perform. The big question is always why do you do something and what you are trying to achieve for me, and that goes for the any spreadsheets as well.

If confidence is measured in results equaling a growing bank then I am getting depressed lol lol.

Playbyte
megarain

Hi,

Thx for the spreadsheet.

Just to be clear .. Sorry if it is.

I have BA on a server. The server has no excel .. so, I would have to get a copy (maybe 8GBP/mth).

Once I have this, do I have to manually, record all the data from my P/L record .. so, enter, all the diff criteria, or, will it load automatically, from saved P/L logs on the server ?

I suspect its all manual .. if so, how long does it generally take, to enter, a days racing records .. of maybe 10 races .

Thx
Dallas

Playbyte wrote:Mind you, I am a complete novice here so I could be doing something different to what it is expecting lol.
As long as when you enter your own data (on the 'My Results' tab only) then go to any of the other tabs to right click refresh on any cell 'A' within something in it you should see the graph next to it update straight away and at the same time all the other tabs including the dashboard will also of updated.

Let me know if you still cant get it to work on your laptop

megarain wrote:I have BA on a server. The server has no excel .. so, I would have to get a copy (maybe 8GBP/mth).

Once I have this, do I have to manually, record all the data from my P/L record .. so, enter, all the diff criteria, or, will it load automatically, from saved P/L logs on the server ?

I suspect its all manual .. if so, how long does it generally take, to enter, a days racing records .. of maybe 10 races .

Thx

Yes its made so users can just manually enter all there own data but you dont have to fill in every column so if you felt only the distance and class where of use to you the other columns can be left blank (ensure the are completly blank and you dont put NA or 0 into them). Once refreshed it will only update the charts for the columns you have added data.

If you want to store the data on the server or copy and paste info from your saved logs you would need excel installing on it otherwise you could just run from your desktop.
Playbyte

Hi Dallas

This spreadsheet work fine on Windows machines but the Mac version of Excel does some strange things when creating the Pivottable and chart.

Conclusion, stay with my Windows laptop to run the statistics.

Thanks again for this spreadsheet it certainly will help when looking at a glance to see which races to run with.

Playbyte
WinSJS67

Hi, Thanks for the great spreadsheet.
Is there anywhere i can download a daily uk racing spreadsheet from somewhere, or is it required to always add manually?
WinSJS67

Could you recommend a website to clearly extract info for the spreadsheet?
Regards SJS
winevaults

anybody any idea if in PRACTICE MODE you can use spreadsheets such as this
Dallas

WinSJS67 wrote:Could you recommend a website to clearly extract info for the spreadsheet?
Regards SJS
I use Horseracebase to download the previous days results, see attached. Then just copy and paste the required columns across to this sheet.
I have filtered it to show just the winners (so only one row from each race is shown).

The only column of info not on this sheet is the surface. (Turf or AW)
The race type also shows the full name but that takes 2 seconds to edit down for example
EBF Stallions Median Auction Maiden Fillies Stakes (Plus 10) to Mdn

winevaults wrote:anybody any idea if in PRACTICE MODE you can use spreadsheets such as this
Yes this thread details ways to save profit and losses using practice mode which can then be added to this spreadsheet just as normal.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11349
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Betfair Data”