Stable Scalping Guardian Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule ideal for use on Horse racing and football as well as variety of other market types should you wish.

The bot will monitor all the selections which are below 22.0 and scalp any that are trading at the same odds now as they where 10 secs, 30 secs & 60 secs ago indicating its price to be very stable and ideal to scalp.

It will then place a £10 back bet with a Offset lay with greening, It also uses a stop loss which is set to 2 ticks should the price move against you.

Once you have been either greened up or stopped out the process is repeated if the price has remained stable again for the previous 60 secs and will continue to do this until 30 seconds before the off at which time it will stop placing any more new bets and with 10 secs remaining any unmatched bets will now be cancelled and a final green up done to ensure everything is equal across all selections before the start of the race.

(It uses multiple times because If just using 60 secs the price could of moved up 10 ticks then back down which is certainly not stable, by using multiple time frames means not only is it still at the same price as 60 secs ago but also in between its not moved any further than a tick or two).

To use the file just click on the Stable Scalping.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.
The stake size can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garryjc

Thank you for sharing Dallas :D
megarain

Thx.

These example files, really show just how flexible guardian is .. and how much thought has clearly gone in to it.

I can easily believe, there are strategies out there, which can be automated, and will show good returns, if u persevere.

Cheers
ronniem

How many people read this as Nicky Henderson, Kim Bailey, W P Mullins etc
duggs

I Know it is not aimed for poor monday racing however I thought i would try in practice mode luckily i did as the first hours of racing proved to be slightly proftable them i left the bot to its own devices looking at the individual races they dont seem to have greened hence following results +£39 -£8 -£4 -£45 -£38 -£53 -£68 -£6 +£12 +£1 so please dont use this bot if you are not able to manualy green out if it does not work on the plus side it could work I will test it tommorow however i will be on hand in case it goes pear shapped
Dallas

The "Green Up" within this bot does work just as described in the OP and is even set to trigger twice as a extra safety precaution see screen shot below.

Its likely you have not got guardian set up correctly for automation while your not actively trading the markets and therefore missing the 8 seconds window it greens up in
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11491
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
duggs

Not sure what happened to be honest bots are great at getting you in a good position to trade but i personally always want to trade out manually it is my decision not the computers and you might be able to get a couple of extra ticks if you monitor the markets well. I have not looked at the Cheltenham card for tommorrow yet so not sure what races i will use for this bot
duggs

Unfortunately the results from day one are not that good i played to £5 stakes and the results are as follows -£2.40 -30p +£2.70 -35p -70p -59p so only a couple pound lost for the last race i played around with the paramaters to double the times so 20sec 1min and 2min i reduced the stakes to £1 however i lost £1 on this race so if i bet £5 i would have lost £5 so that did not work

IMHO the SP possibly needs to be reduced because there are too many bets nearly 100 for the champion hurdle.

however my main observation is that i am nearly always left with with 3 or 4 Back Bets unmatched which is probably why this does bot does not make a profit the lay bets have a 2 tick stop loss why does have the Back Bet have a similar condition ?

I appreciate all your hard work Dallas you are the best, i am a newbie and only beginning to learn about automation however if i was writing a scalping bot, I have tried but dont know how to trigger the lay bet so not sure if possible but if so it would be something like this

If Price is stable (eg 10 secs 20 secs 60 secs) Back at best reverse price (ie the current lay price)
If Back bet is matched place lay bet at best reverse price (ie the current back price) with a stop loss of 2 ticks if the market moves against you

so for an example Horse 1 price avaliable is Back 3.7 Lay 3.8 we will try to back at 3.8 and lay 3.7 hence make a small profit
Euler

If you traded Cheltenham at random today you would have made money in 4/6 markets.
duggs

Not sure i get you, the bookies had a very bad day with no outsiders winning and the highest sp 12/1 i am sure a lot of layers on betfair lost a lot of money however trading is taking a position and closing it before the off hopefully for a profit how do you get the random 4/6 market stat ?
Dallas

duggs wrote:Unfortunately the results from day one are not that good i played to £5 stakes and the results are as follows -£2.40 -30p +£2.70 -35p -70p -59p so only a couple pound lost for the last race i played around with the paramaters to double the times so 20sec 1min and 2min i reduced the stakes to £1 however i lost £1 on this race so if i bet £5 i would have lost £5 so that did not work

IMHO the SP possibly needs to be reduced because there are too many bets nearly 100 for the champion hurdle.

however my main observation is that i am nearly always left with with 3 or 4 Back Bets unmatched which is probably why this does bot does not make a profit the lay bets have a 2 tick stop loss why does have the Back Bet have a similar condition ?

I appreciate all your hard work Dallas you are the best, i am a newbie and only beginning to learn about automation however if i was writing a scalping bot, I have tried but dont know how to trigger the lay bet so not sure if possible but if so it would be something like this

If Price is stable (eg 10 secs 20 secs 60 secs) Back at best reverse price (ie the current lay price)
If Back bet is matched place lay bet at best reverse price (ie the current back price) with a stop loss of 2 ticks if the market moves against you

so for an example Horse 1 price available is Back 3.7 Lay 3.8 we will try to back at 3.8 and lay 3.7 hence make a small profit
These bots are shared as a starting point for new users to automation for them to build on or draw idea's from - applied as they are is highly unlikely to return a long term profit and if any did it would soon stop once everyone downloaded it and started using it.

It already backs and lays at the best reverse price as you have suggested but its there to be fully edited and used as you see fit
Euler

duggs wrote:Not sure i get you, the bookies had a very bad day with no outsiders winning and the highest sp 12/1 i am sure a lot of layers on betfair lost a lot of money however trading is taking a position and closing it before the off hopefully for a profit how do you get the random 4/6 market stat ?
We run tests on each market that we trade and use a 'base' strategy that has no skill to test the markets. Today most won.

I already know that is unlikely to happen tomorrow.
duggs

There are loads of variables it could take ages to find a winning formula

so lets look at the different paramaters we can use

Race - The only profit came in a big field handicap but other competetive races produced a lost, races with odds on favourites also produced a lost
SP - I think 20/1 is too high could concentrating on the first 3 in the market produce a profit ?
Time - Up to 1 minute seems a bit short however i extended the time and it produced the worst lost of a the day
Stop Trigger - Would increasing it from 2 improve the results

To be honest not sure i will use it again for me the unmatched Back Bets that let this system down
Euler

duggs wrote: let this system down
As Dallas explained it's not a system, simply a building block for your own system or process. I suggest you use it that way.
melonhead

After reading the forum and blog semi-professionally over the last 72 hours i have decided to dive in and try this little bit of kit out on Day 1 of Goodwood. Thanks for the effort put into this bot, hopefully it will be able to get me off on the right foot! Have made some small alterations to suit my liabilities etc. Wish me luck! :D

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”