Matchbook Horse racing now live - 0% comm till end July

The sport of kings.
megarain

It's a huge day for Matchbook and our customers, as we proudly announce the release of our brand new Horse Racing product to the site!

To celebrate this momentous occasion, we're offering 0% COMMISSION ON HORSE RACING from today until the end of July.

With Timeform's Analyst Verdict and Smart Stats on every race, and 0% Commission on all Racing markets, we have all the tools you need to beat the field and lock-in profit!

All meetings across the UK and Ireland are offered so you can experience the best prices and huge liquidity you're already used to with Matchbook on the newest Horse Racing product in the industry.

BetNOW-FINAL.png

Note: a separate Horse Racing wallet will temporarily be required by each customer. Initially, markets will close at the start of the race; live racing will be introduced shortly.

Best of Luck!
Matchbook

////

Dont thnk the matchbook API supports horse racing yet .. but, at least its a start.

Competition for BF, cant be bad.
Euler

Big spreads, no volume data. I guess it's a toe dip at this moment in time.
aperson

Clear intent on their part sponsoring several Goodwood races. Hopefully they won't become another WBX.

I opened an a/c on the back of this and downloaded the only available trading software but as far as I can tell you can't access the horse racing through the software which is disappointing. They are using a separate wallet for horse racing so maybe that is why. If anyone knows if it's possible to trade these markets please let me know. It feels a little like they should've waited till they had sorted out this issue and in-play betting before releasing this. Maybe they rushed it our for Goodwood.

I feel like they really need to sort out their rather bizarre commission structure if they ever want to gain some serious traction.

Having said all that it's an interesting development, hopefully something comes from this.
Dallas

Interesting comments from the CEO on C4 just now
Euler

Who represented them, was it Mark?
aperson

Didn't see that watching RUK, what was said?
Dallas

Yes Mark Brosnan
Dallas

If you got C4 +1 it'll be on again around 15:54 (UK time)
aperson

Of course it will. I'll have a look.
Euler

Dallas wrote:If you got C4 +1 it'll be on again around 15:54 (UK time)
Sharp minds :)
Euler

I see they are sponsoring RUK as well. Despite not having a relationship with them, it's so refreshing to see people talking positively about the exchange concept.
megarain

This week I had a meeting with a bf account rep, and was totally left feeling, they dont care.

I opened an account with matchbook in 2013, and .. tried to call my account rep.

His number just rang . so, called the main desk.

A new account manager rang me back, within 10 mins .. and could not have been more helpful.

The original guy, had been promoted. He tried to call me 4 times, before he finally got hold of me .. and we had a chat.

I hope they do well .. but, it will all come down to liquidity etc .. they will do deals, for market makers --- which, has long been a gripe, for me at least, with Bf.

I am really finding .. at 40% PC, betfair is not the only solution.
oscar123

Am i working this out correctly with regards to the commission structure?

Take these 3 pretend trades:

Back 100 @ 10 Lay @ 8.
Back 100 @ 5 Lay @ 4.
Back 100 @ 2.5 Lay @ 2.

Each of those examples on betfair and betdaq would result in £25 green, then be subject to commission.

If i did these trades on matchbook, would this be the result? (Assuming 1% commission, i know the actual rate is now 1.15).

Back 100 @ 10 Lay 125 @ 8.

IF WIN: +891 (900 win less 1%)
-875 (losses from the lay bet)
- 1.25(comm from lay bet 125 @ 1%.

=14.75

IF LOSE: -101 (back bet stake + 1% comm)
+123.75 (lay bet stake less 1%)

=22.75

Back 100 @ 2.5 Lay 125 @ 2.

IF WIN: +148.5 (winnings from back bet less 1%)
-125 (losses from the lay bet)
-1.25 (comm from the lay bet)

=22.25

IF LOSE: -101 (back bet stake + 1% comm)
+123.75 (lay stake less 1%)

=22.75

Are those examples correct in how the commission works, or have i understood it wrong?
megarain

I am not the best to work these things out .. will send it to my account manager at Matchbook.
oscar123

Thanks megarain.

Was just trying to get my head round the commission from a trading perspective.

Looks interesting and I wish them well, though it seems as if it is better for outright backers and layers rather than traders, especially traders in the traditional sense, as it looks like scratch trades would cost you money too, so there would be no probing the market and taking a few speculative positions.

I guess that is no accident though, as it will mean they won't have to go down the premium charge route should things take off.

Looks good for position takers and for arbing/hedging with the books if liquidity takes off.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”