Simple Profit & Loss Chart Spreadsheet

brooksyyid

Your spreadsheet is fantastic!!!
thank you dallas. Your attached file was just what i was looking for and haved checked out Horseracebase. Currently on a free trial but for just £15 PCM will save so much time

Thanks again for all your advice to us newbies, to share your expertise and ideas for nothing in return shows your a true gent :D
Dallas wrote:
WinSJS67 wrote:Could you recommend a website to clearly extract info for the spreadsheet?
Regards SJS
I use Horseracebase to download the previous days results, see attached. Then just copy and paste the required columns across to this sheet.
I have filtered it to show just the winners (so only one row from each race is shown).

The only column of info not on this sheet is the surface. (Turf or AW)
The race type also shows the full name but that takes 2 seconds to edit down for example
EBF Stallions Median Auction Maiden Fillies Stakes (Plus 10) to Mdn

winevaults wrote:anybody any idea if in PRACTICE MODE you can use spreadsheets such as this
Yes this thread details ways to save profit and losses using practice mode which can then be added to this spreadsheet just as normal.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11349
brooksyyid

Hi Dallas,

Great spreadsheet, just one little problem. I have deleted the test info in "my results" tab and entered my own. When i right click to refresh my new data (in row A) an error message is displayed stating "cannot open Pivottable source file"

Is this something easy to fix?
your continued support is much appreciated

Brooksyyid
Dallas

Thanks for your comments, if you have just removed the actual test data (this should be done anyway) then refreshing with your own should nt be a problem.

But if you have removed changed any of the column headers (Row A) this would cause it not to work as the pivottables are looking for these names.

If there is a column you dont want to use it can be left completely blank (not NA or 0)
ie, you could just fill in the going and distance columns along with your P&L if thats all the info you needed charting
brooksyyid

Hi Dallas again,

sorry to bother you again :roll:

I love the idea of this spreadsheet but just cannot get it to work.
Step by step i
updated betangel to newest version
downloaded excel attachment
deleted test data starting from A2 downwards (didn't touch column headings)
entered 10 entries filling in each cell. No cells were blank or contained 0 or N/A
clicked on "type tab"
right clicked in column "A" to refresh.

then the attached screenshot is displayed
Again sorry to bother you
thanks
brooksyyid
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Im not overly familiar with excel errors but that looks like you have it stored in one location but are updating from another.
Do you have the downloaded file saved to your local PC desktop or folder and are you opening it from and with Excel installed on that same computer?
nigelk

Using excel 2007 here.

Click on the pivot table so that the pivot table tools are visible on the ribbon tab,select 'options' and 'change data source'

A dialogue box will open and you can set a new data source range.
Kaz2

Hi,

If using ''automation'' all day, how do I enter my results into this spreadsheet please?

Sorry for what will probably be a stupid question but I am not very technically minded :oops: .

Thanks
Kaz
Dallas

Kaz2 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 1:38 pm
Hi,

If using ''automation'' all day, how do I enter my results into this spreadsheet please?

Sorry for what will probably be a stupid question but I am not very technically minded :oops: .

Thanks
Kaz
You would just enter them manually on the 'My Results' tab (first delete out the samples ones that are their already) then just refresh as per the instructions on the OP to update all the charts etc
cybernet69

Be good if this somehow could be included as part of guardian. :D
Kaz2

Thanks Dallas, as always.

Kaz
nigelk

I'm currently working on a project to create a spreadsheet similar to the one created by Dallas & shown above, but I need some volunteers.

This will all be automation based, so you must be using Excel to place your trades.

Ideally:

1. Someone who uses Guardian & Excel to cycle through & place bets during the day.-NOT training mode
2. Someone who uses excel alone and auto trades each race as it comes-NOT training mode
3. Someone who uses the Betfair training mode.
4. Someone who uses Betadaq, but to micro stakes (10p/50p/£1) etc.

There will be a lot of sending/receiving spreadsheets so if you consider your P&L figures to be private then this isn't for you.
If interested please pm me.

Cheers,NIgel.
stevielew75

Dumb question but how to I enter the data? Do I have to input it manually?
Dallas

stevielew75 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 pm
Dumb question but how to I enter the data? Do I have to input it manually?
Yes thats correct the columns are set up so that you can just download the days races from the following site then copy and pasted it straight across which will give you all the course, racy types distances etc - that just leaves the P/L to be manually entered for them at the end of each day
https://www.horseracebase.com/index.php
Makai

Hi Dallas, just looking at the Horse Race Base website, I can't see an easy way to extract just the required information for your spreadsheet. Is there a setting on there I'm missing?
Dallas

Makai wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:12 am
Hi Dallas, just looking at the Horse Race Base website, I can't see an easy way to extract just the required information for your spreadsheet. Is there a setting on there I'm missing?
Without looking and if i remember rightly you just needed to cut and paste the columns needed for the spreadsheet from the main export sheet on HRB

Return to “Betfair Data”