Back the Steamer Guardian Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on Horse Racing markets.

The bot will monitor ALL runners below odds of 20.0 during the final 10 mins and place a £10 Back bet on any runner who's odds have steamed in and shortened by 10 or more ticks during the previous 2 minutes. It will never back the same horse twice but will back a second horse if that also starts to steam in.

(This rule is similar to the one Peter demonstrated in his video on Bet Angel TV "Trading gambled Horses")

To use the file just click on the Back the Steamer.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThisIsMyOnlyWayOut

Thanks for sharing Dallas will definetly provide a solid starting point for creating more dynmaic strategies. Thanks again.
duggs

Not sure this will work i remember in some of peters videos he makes his money by going against the crowd so perhaps we should laying instead of backing ??? I followed the bot but to only £2 Back stakes and the results were as follows

+6p -14p -22p -5p -2p +11p +3p -12p -6p -4p -24p 3 Wins 8 Loses

I will probably try laying in practice mode when i am not trading
duduzzu

How to fix a condition that the difference between the Back and Lay odds is not big?

For ex:
Back odd is 1.8
Lay odd is 2.6

if the Back odds for the last 120 second came down with minim 10 ticks ,the bot wiil bet back for this selection at the odd 1.6 and til 10secondes til the start of race the odd for Back will be 1.5 or less we will have a profit to bet on lay,but if the Lay odd will be 1.8-2.0 we will lose.

So usually this situation is not happend if the selection's volume is greater than 100.000 , and we can fix this condition type,but for more sigurace I think will be better to have control and to the odds diference between Back and Lay for thes selection that bot wants to trade.
Dallas

Im not quite sure what your asking here, do you mean can the bot only back if the price has steamed but the odds are between 2.8 & 1.6 and therefore you want to ignore higher priced runners?
Westerner

Hi Dallas,

Instead of the bot acting on a movement based on the number of ticks, is it possible for it to act on implied probability % instead?

e.g. Price 2 mins ago was 2.00 (IMP 50%) & have automation set to 'back' if IMP moves +5% (55%)?

Thanks!
jimibt

Westerner wrote:Hi Dallas,

Instead of the bot acting on a movement based on the number of ticks, is it possible for it to act on implied probability % instead?

e.g. Price 2 mins ago was 2.00 (IMP 50%) & have automation set to 'back' if IMP moves +5% (55%)?

Thanks!
you could probably set a threshold using the signals feature to record the moment that a given runner hits 2.00 odds. you could then increment a signal to a given value, everytime the odds dropped below their previous value (within a number of seconds) and then act upon that.
Westerner

Thanks but I'd be looking for the implied probability % movement to be the signal though not the price.

For example 'if price is +5% in last 5 minutes then back'
jimibt

Westerner wrote:Thanks but I'd be looking for the implied probability % movement to be the signal though not the price.

For example 'if price is +5% in last 5 minutes then back'
It could still be possible (tho not as a %age per se), using a combo of taking a signal of ActualSP of the fave and then having a threshold logic maybe (i.e. compare how many ticks away from ActualSP the runner gets to and how often it gyrates on this boundary in either direction).

Anyway, keep us posted if you manage your task.
sportlife

Hello Dallas,

First of all, thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience with us. You are very much appreciated.

haven studied the logic behind this bot for a while, and also from my personal observations on in-play racing, I was just wondering if you could please guide me through the steps to creating a similar bot , so I'll letter add some conditions to improve it's efficiency.

Basically, I just need a bot that will monitor ALL runners above odds of 7.0 before event start time, and place a £20 Lay bet on the first to trade bellow 7.0 during in-play. The rule should only trigger once, on the first runner and stop.

In other words, I simply want to Lay the field at 6.8 in-play, but excluding horses that are already bellow 7.0 before event start. Only the first to trade bellow 7.0 soon as the event starts, should be Layed.

Thanks in anticipation for your kind assistance.

Best regards
Dallas

sportlife wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:31 am
Hello Dallas,

First of all, thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience with us. You are very much appreciated.

haven studied the logic behind this bot for a while, and also from my personal observations on in-play racing, I was just wondering if you could please guide me through the steps to creating a similar bot , so I'll letter add some conditions to improve it's efficiency.

Basically, I just need a bot that will monitor ALL runners above odds of 7.0 before event start time, and place a £20 Lay bet on the first to trade bellow 7.0 during in-play. The rule should only trigger once, on the first runner and stop.

In other words, I simply want to Lay the field at 6.8 in-play, but excluding horses that are already bellow 7.0 before event start. Only the first to trade bellow 7.0 soon as the event starts, should be Layed.

Thanks in anticipation for your kind assistance.

Best regards
Thanks for your comments, to achieve what your after you could start with this bot and just change it from a back to a lay rule and the odds it triggers at from odds on to 7.0 (this is done on the parameters and condition tab)
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11414

On the General tab also change from 'Applied to Betfair order order of favouritism 1' to ANY
Then add another 'Fixed Odds Cond'
Selections Actual SP
Is Greater than 7.0
jimibt

hi there... haven't studied Dallas's original rule but based on your criteria, the attached should cover your request:

1. Creates a signal on all runners where ActualSP>7
2. Places a lay bet for £120 liability (don't use fixed ££'s on a lay, just in case it spirals out to high odds and then spins back in) on the first runner to go below 7 odds.

It should be pretty tweakable to suit your requirements.. (please note - created on BA version 1.49)

enjoy
jm
Sportlife - lay below x odds.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sportlife

Okay,

Big thanks to Dallas and also to Jimibt for your kind assistance.

I'll hopefully run a test and update you guys tomorrow. Until then, I've tried to study the rules behind Jimibt attached bot, and I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to set a signal to include horses that where bellow 7.0 before start, but drifted during in-play to or above the 7.0 , fall back down?

Lastly, Jimibt, Sorry please, I found your bot very useful and self explanatory, but I may still need just a little clarification on the General Tab of Signal/ modify signal. You set the rule to trigger 05 seconds in-play and 20 seconds after in-play. does this mean the signal will only work for the first 20 seconds after event start time or am probably missing something? (see attached picture for detail)

Regards
sportlife

Thank again Dallas,
And sorry please, I' was actually looking to place Lay bet and not Backing as the link is your directed me
jimibt

sportlife wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Lastly, Jimibt, Sorry please, I found your bot very useful and self explanatory, but I may still need just a little clarification on the General Tab of Signal/ modify signal. You set the rule to trigger 05 seconds in-play and 20 seconds after in-play. does this mean the signal will only work for the first 20 seconds after event start time
the 1st rule is purely in place to capture a signal on all runners that qualify for the lay (used) later on in the rule. this 1st rule fires 15 times to capture all runners that had a ActualSP > 7 and flags them as such. Later, this signal (canLay) is used in the lay rule, which is triggered if this signal is present and also if the lay odds shorten to <7.

there's a ton of other stuff that you could add to this in order to shore up the likelihood of hitting a loser. typically, you might refactor the actual lay rule to be another signal. you'd set this signal onto the 1st qualifying runner as before, but instead of laying, you'd monitor the runner to ensure that it didn't go below 5 odds. if it remained between 6 and 7 and then went > ActualSP (by a few ticks), you could then place the lay bet.

just a contrived example but one that may be part of your actual thought process when you are doing this manually. i would sketch out your mind map on how you manually action this type of trade and assign psuedo data points to the elements where you see transitions occurring. this should allow you to map a rule with signals to the manual process. as it stands, you've got a charcoal sketch, rather than a watercolour... the end game being a Holbein (or preferably a Dali as it'll be more abstract) :D

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”