Bet Angel trader's desks & setup's

andyfuller

It depends on the Kelvin rating of the bulb. This is a good guide to explaining it all:

http://www.which.co.uk/energy/energy-sa ... ight-bulb/
Gordstonia

Not sure either of those would be very good for an office Andy.

The 2700k are very yellow, more suited to a living room, and the 5000k are classed as daylight lamps - they're blue white like the hid car headlamps.

Office lamps are usually cool white which I think are around 4000k

HTH
andyfuller

I was recommended by someone else to go for a 4000K one but I can't seem to find any that Integral make and they seem to be one of the best if not the best manufacturers.

It just seems to be 2700K which as you say is more used in living areas where you want a warm light, or 5000k available.

Thanks for the input.
marksmeets302

Philips makes something called hue-light. They can basically do any color you like. Control is through your smart phone or tablet. I heard a blueish light is best for concentration. Not sure how bright they are though. I have led bulps in my "office". The brightness is a bit disappointing; now that we're entering the dark season again I'm tempted to buy an additional lamp.
Tuco

...interesting set-up Andy - are the large LCDs 24" screens?

There is no such thing as too many screens or set-top-boxes :D
andyfuller

Thanks for the replies. I have had a quick look at the Phillips lights and will have more of a look later.

They are not cheap but have some good features but I am not sure they would be used much in my office, so I think I will opt for a normal bulb in my office but might consider them for elsewhere in the house.

You say that you are disappointed with the brightness of your LED bulbs in your office, what are their specs? It sounds like you haven't got enough Lumen.

Tuco - The LCD's are 23" and are not made any more unfortunately but I have quite a stack of spares in my loft for when they stop working which has happened to one to date.
Groovyelms

Hi All, I'm thinking about getting a new office chair, which needs to be compact and well designed, any of you guys have any thoughts on fav makes/models of chairs?

cheers Groovy
marksmeets302

Interstuhl makes great chairs in my opinion. They're not cheap, but with a little negotiation you can get the price down.
PeterLe

I think a good chair is very important; if you dont feel comfortable, then it can lead to loss of concentration.
I decided to buy a new chair a few years ago and had had a good month on betfair.
I ended up buying a Herman Miller Aeron. I had used them before when i was office based and wanted something that would last. Although I looked, i couldnt find anything that came close (that had a price differntial)
I bought a second hand one off ebay about 550 I think and dont regret it now, although at the time it seemed a lot to pay. When i think about it; when i bought my current car I got the upgraded seats and they cost a lot more that 550 and Im probably only in the car 10% of the time that Im sitting in the office chair, so is it really a lot to pay?
Regards
Peter
Groovyelms

marksmeets302 wrote:Interstuhl makes great chairs in my opinion. They're not cheap, but with a little negotiation you can get the price down.
hey thanks for the tip

cheers Groovy
andyfuller

I agree with PeterLe - see it as a health investment.

The three places most people spend the vast majority of their time are, in bed, at a desk and on a sofa. So it is worth spending quite a bit of money on these three areas.

I bought my chair from BOF: http://www.bof.co.uk/

I also bought a chair for my father from them. Both chairs were bought from their sale section which is normally end of line items and you can get massive discounts but obviously available stock varies.

It is also worth considering a foot rest as this can help posture a lot as well.

There is a lot of information on setting your seat etc up correctly on the internet. You should also consider things like screen height.
Groovyelms

Hi All and thanks to all for such informed replies.. I bought a new chair about 2yrs ago from Rymans and its literally falling to pieces :( , so investng in something really good quality makes alot of sense I feel..cheers Groovy..
andyfuller

An interesting article:

The health hazards of sitting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/p ... tting/750/
LinusP

Thought I would give this thread a bump, 13" MBP with two dell ultrasharps and an overpriced tablet.
IMG_0488.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kerberus

Anybody got any of these?
from bbc.co.uk :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technology”