Market cycling and automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We have extracted this comment from another thread so it can viewed with clarity.

The post is designed to give you an understanding of how you should write your rules if you aim is to do many things all at once across a number of markets.
Say you have Guardian refreshing at 1 market per second and you've got it cycling round ten markets, then you are retrieving new price information for each market once every ten seconds.

The automation rules are tested each time new prices are retrieved from betfair (to ensure the triggers are based on current price information), so for this example you should allow each rule to stay active for at least ten seconds (probably 15 seconds to be on the safe side).

If you've got 30 markets loaded into Guardian (with a one second refresh), then you'll be getting new prices for each market once every 30 seconds, so you should increase the time the rules stay active accordingly.

If you are not trading manually with the Bet Angel trading screens, you could afford to increase Guardian's refresh rate and still stay within betfair's 20 calls per second data request charging threshold. Obviously if you're refreshing Guardian every 500ms, you'll cycle round 30 markets in 15 seconds.
malky

An idea.

Is a solution to this to use the Restrict refresh in Advance Settings in Guardian that allow you to only service markets a certain amount of time before and after the off ?

eg if you put in 10 mins before as the parameter before the off and 10 mins after the off then Guardian will only refresh a handful of markets.
Provided the rules you have running happen within the specified time frame you should be ok ?

Does that make sense ? Or have I completely misunderstood this function and how it relates to rules.

BTW : I love this new tool it rocks. Now all I need to do is get to the point where I am prepared to get out of practice mode.
malky

Just spotted this is mentioned over on the Feedback thread specifically at pages 7 & 8
chipping

Can you clarify what you mean by saying "Allow a rule to stay active for 10 to 15 seconds"? I can't recall this being a parameter in the bet set up, unless you mean the "Wait x secs before re-trying"?
ps1967

Is 200 milliseconds the fastest possible way to refresh markets in Guardian? I usually have between 3-6 markets in guardian, all with the same automation rule but when I check up on them my bot has been beaten to the punch most of the time. A couple of times my bot has fired but just missed the match, while its getting matched about 1/10 times.
Dallas

200ms is the fastest rate you can refresh at no matter how your trading but if your automation is running on more than 1 market at a time then each market will only be refreshed in turn so the more its running on the longer the time between refreshes as detailed above.

If your only running on one market at a time and its still to slow apart from modifying the rule slightly the only other option you would have is to use a VPS, these still have a 200ms refresh rate but the response times to the Betfair servers are always faster than on a regular PC
ShaunWhite

chipping wrote:Can you clarify what you mean by saying "Allow a rule to stay active for 10 to 15 seconds"? I can't recall this being a parameter in the bet set up, unless you mean the "Wait x secs before re-trying"?
I would take this as being the 'Arm trigger at/until' parameters on the General Tab when creating/editting a rule.
ps1967

Thanks for the info Dallas, could this ever be improved in future versions of BetAngel? Maybe a 50 or 100 milliseconds option?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The 200ms refresh interval is the fastest that betfair will allow vendors to call their API servers.
ShaunWhite

ps1967 wrote:Thanks for the info Dallas, could this ever be improved in future versions of BetAngel? Maybe a 50 or 100 milliseconds option?
If you're looking to save milliseconds, then maybe you need to move your house closer to BFHQ. :)
Aqverius

Hi. Is There any virtual Wallet ,so i can see result in practice mode?

grettings Aqverius
Dallas

Aqverius wrote:Hi. Is There any virtual Wallet ,so i can see result in practice mode?

grettings Aqverius
See this thread
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11349
Aqverius

Hi this seems only to bee a screeshot of the race .I cant see the winner of the race?On betfair?? Grett LH
Dallas

Aqverius wrote:Hi this seems only to bee a screeshot of the race .I cant see the winner of the race?On betfair?? Grett LH
Betfair dont show results / finishing positions
Aqverius

Hi I think The practic mode is rather usless then.Speciell in Aoutomation mode?You are never abel to see the result of yor setting?? LH

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”