Betfair API-NG

PeterLe

PeterLe wrote:Morning,
Just a question about API Keys please
I had my API keys before Betfair announced a few months ago that they would be charging £299/Account
I'm just about to convert my existing BOTs/Accounts onto the streaming service but I understand that not only do you have to have your API keys, you also have to contact Betfair to 'enable' your account to use the use the streaming service.
I sent an email to BDP on Friday but haven't heard back yet.
Just wondered If anyone else had been through this
Thanks
Regards
Peter
Just to conclude this...Neil at BDP switched my accounts to the streaming API..No charge
spreadbetting

Is it a case of one or the other, or do they just permission you to have access to the streaming too? Haven't got round to looking at the new additions to the API yet.
PeterLe

spreadbetting wrote:Is it a case of one or the other, or do they just permission you to have access to the streaming too? Haven't got round to looking at the new additions to the API yet.
Hi SB,
It's the latter as far as I can tell
Probably worthwhile asking for permission now if you have your own keys
regards
Peter
spreadbetting

Thanks
xitian

Yes, being enabled for the Streaming API does not affect your use of the regular API-NG services, so you may as well ask for it even if you don't use it until later.

Not sure why they need everyone to be permissioned though. I'd expect it's their preferred method of access for API users now due to the reduced load on their servers.
spreadbetting

I'd imagine it's probably more likely so they can keep their options open of charging for it at a later date the same as they've now done for the API access. I'd best get in quick I suppose.
Euler

I'd imagine there will be a migration to streaming as it's effectively outsourcing server load and cost, so it would make sense to get familiar with it.
LinusP

spreadbetting wrote:I'd imagine it's probably more likely so they can keep their options open of charging for it at a later date the same as they've now done for the API access. I'd best get in quick I suppose.
That would be another shot in the foot, so many people I have spoken to on here and at work/friends have been completely put off by the £299 charge.
PeterLe

Just a quick question...
When I start my automation off each day (written in C#), I run it from the Once Click Application..
I input the paramaters etc for account 1 and then repeat on account 2 etc..All seems well..(Same settings, except username)
I noticed today that one account had made considerably more that the other..(one account hadnt fired in some offsets)

Question: When I click the 'one click' application and start the bots in this way, are they totally independant? (im sure the answer is yes, esp given they have different usernames.., but want to check 100%)

Is this the optimimum/recommended way of running such a set up or would you publish the program using different files names etc
Thanks in advance
Regards
Peter
xitian

I'm not 100% sure what a One Click application is, but it sounds as though you're asking whether running multiple instances of a program can affect the running of each instance.

I would have thought generally not, especially as they are using different accounts like you say. The only case where they might have some sort of conflict is if an instance is locking up some kind of resource and causing another instance to block. This could be something like writing to a file or database table.

It's more likely that they're just catching different opportunities. If they are polling using the traditional API-NG (and betting in-play) then that's likely. If you're using the streaming API then in theory they should be seeing exactly the same updates (except perhaps in the case where updates are being aggregated because you're not processing them quick enough).

If you can add more logging (and configure different log file names for each instance) then maybe you can see what's going on in more detail. My programs log all the market data they receive so I can quite easily replay exactly what their doing and why.

Hope that helps in some way!
PeterLe

Hi James,
The one click application is just the way it is published from Visual Studio.
When I click on file manager it looks like the attached image. So to run, rather than run setup to install the application, I just click on the middle icon in the image. Load it up and then do the same for other accounts etc..
Logically it must be separate instances when I think about it

No it's not a resource issue. I have a couple of copies of Betangel runing too and that is all ok.

I just checked my Betting History from today and its the offset that doesnt seem to be firing as often as I thought.
I think Im going to leave it as it is anyway James. Its had a good week P&L wise and it would just even out in the long run anyway if the offset isnt being placed.

Thanks for the reply James,
regards
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LinusP

Just seen that 'Graphs' is going to be released next month, anyone know what this will involve? Time stamped traded volume/LTP?

February Graphs API Provides ability to create more advanced trading graphs based on granular price & traded volume data since market creation.
xitian

I don't know what the Graphs API involves, but I presume it links into and is made possible by the Historical Data API that they're also soon to be releasing.

At some point it might actually be realistic to replay a market in BetAngel. No information about any sort of pricing though. Hopefully it'll be free!
LinusP

The historic data API could be very interesting, currently implementing backtesting for my framework using recorded streaming day but going to put that on hold.

I assume the graphs API will be the data used to create the graphs you see in the iOS apps, could probably find the endpoint and use it now...
PeterLe

Afternoon All,
Anyone seeing slow updates from the API today?
The betafir API status seems to suggest all is ok though? (seems to be slow on betangel and my own prgrams so perhaps its my VPS?)
Thanks
regards
Peter
Edit : Sorry; Seems to have picked up now

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”