Stable Scalping Guardian Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Willygubbins

Hi, i have had some reasonable success with my variation of this bot, by adding a weight of money condition and reducing the last traded price, how ever i have found that at times the lay bet is matched first and the back bet is left hanging, my question is, is there a way to set it so the lay bet is only presented if the back bet is matched?
jimibt

Willygubbins wrote:Hi, i have had some reasonable success with my variation of this bot, by adding a weight of money condition and reducing the last traded price, how ever i have found that at times the lay bet is matched first and the back bet is left hanging, my question is, is there a way to set it so the lay bet is only presented if the back bet is matched?
Willygubbins - yes, if you use the fill/kill option, then the leading bet is always placed first and the offset only placed on the fill/kill being successful. amend your rule to include this and you should be good to go.
Willygubbins

Hi, do you think i could do a lay side mirror of this in the same auto? or would it go haywire?
jimibt

Willygubbins wrote:Hi, do you think i could do a lay side mirror of this in the same auto? or would it go haywire?
yup, would be perfectly feasible. just ensure that you compare lay odds = lays odds 10 secs ago etc, etc. also, ensure that you place your bets by liability, rather than fixed amount.

[edit] - I quickly amended this for you -give it a try.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Willygubbins

thanks for that i'll have a look at it in a bit, going back to the kill or fill, I just tick the box in the parameters section pf the back bet rule? i just did that and run on a race and it only presented one back bet......now of course it is possible that it only met the conditions once however it seems odd....I've got it set to run on the next few races.
jimibt

Willygubbins wrote:thanks for that i'll have a look at it in a bit, going back to the kill or fill, I just tick the box in the parameters section pf the back bet rule? i just did that and run on a race and it only presented one back bet......now of course it is possible that it only met the conditions once however it seems odd....I've got it set to run on the next few races.
it should look something like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Willygubbins

ok, having a look at the file,i have a few questions, regarding the weight of money, if we are refering to the lay side are we not looking for the same weight as we are looking for on the back side to instagate a scalp that is going to drift as aposed to steaming? or is this more of a cover both bases? why is the reference to the lay price of those positions? why is the greening in the conditions aswell as the offset with greening? is there any way to add a condition that acknowledges if there is large sums of unmatched money holding it up? also I know betfair get the hump with practise mode, how much will i get away with (i am using it a little whilst i use practise mode for matched bets etc)? thanks again.
jimibt

Willygubbins wrote:ok, having a look at the file,i have a few questions, regarding the weight of money, if we are refering to the lay side are we not looking for the same weight as we are looking for on the back side to instagate a scalp that is going to drift as aposed to steaming? or is this more of a cover both bases? why is the reference to the lay price of those positions? why is the greening in the conditions aswell as the offset with greening? is there any way to add a condition that acknowledges if there is large sums of unmatched money holding it up? also I know betfair get the hump with practise mode, how much will i get away with (i am using it a little whilst i use practise mode for matched bets etc)? thanks again.
willy, quick explanation:

1. the WOM is a single value that reflects the weight of money against the lay price. We can thus use it such; less than 35% to represent more weight on the back (i.e. more money being offered up as backs) and conversely, a number such as greater than 65% to infer that the price action is focussed on the lay side of the book. The numbers i had chosen are purely arbitary and can be changed as required.

2. Regards the lay price < lay price in pos #4. When comparing relative prices, I tend to use the lay price if comparing BELOW the target and use the back price if comparing above the target. Just an idiosicracy of mine. You could use back < if you preferred and would achieve the same result. The entire reason for this condition is to ensure that we are not placing bets on wild outsiders that could change direction in a flash.

3. The greening conditions are in the rule so as not to place bets when the overall position on the market is either really highly exposed and likewise not to place bets when the market is in a healthy state of green. This can be a lifesaver as it means that you have a fairly predictable position in the market at all times (i.e. you know you'll not be firing off more bets when your overall position is doing badly). Again, remove it if not applicable in your scenario

4. There is no way to use the rules conditions (at present) to data mine the market depth to obtain this info.

5. Re practice mode. I've got many trial rules running in practice mode all day long and have yet to get banned by betfair for this practice. That said, this could be because i do put the odd real bet thro the market every now and again, so this may keep my account sweet.

Hope this helps. I guess I'm saying that all those conditions that you queried are optional extras and their removal or change will affect the overall position, so experiment.

cheers
Willygubbins

thank you for your explanations, it is greatly appreciated. i cant just copy something blindly i need to understand the logic, it is a bit late for me to fully digest, i will absorb tomorrow and report back. :) :) :)
Willygubbins

so the early signs are good, i have changed liabilty to stake.......but i now means both steaming and drifting tradfes offer equal value, it seems to favour the drifting scalps....im sure it is just how the market is behaving. overall very impressed with its functionality. if i were to up the stakes then i would need to adjust the greening up conditions to suit? how much differently will this behave in a real market re matching bets in your experience?
jimibt

Willygubbins wrote:so the early signs are good, i have changed liabilty to stake.......but i now means both steaming and drifting tradfes offer equal value, it seems to favour the drifting scalps....im sure it is just how the market is behaving. overall very impressed with its functionality. if i were to up the stakes then i would need to adjust the greening up conditions to suit? how much differently will this behave in a real market re matching bets in your experience?
willy -pre-race, depending on the liquidity, you could be easily putting larger stakes up to 10 times the default size and still get matched. as you say, you'd need to change the greening functionality to match the new ratio of the stakes, but otherwise, should be set.
Willygubbins

hi re the kill or fill time, is there a rule of thumb or any recommendations for how long this should be based on liquidity? clearly if you are using larger stakes you need to give them time to match.
also i think i have worked out why it favours the lay side so much, it is set to trigger at 0 ticks below reverse best price and the back is set to trigger at 0 ticks above reverse, so surely they are both set to trigger on the current lay price?
is there any way of stopping the automation once a certain profit / loss is achieved?
jimibt

Hi willy - the reverse price in each case is basically the lay price (from the back bet) and the back price from the lay bet, so both are the same in effect (i.e. place the back bet at the lay bet price and place the lay bet at the back price).

As for stopping the rule triggering after a certain profit, I think that there was a condition in the actual lay and back bet actions to only place bets when the green all profit was between two parameters (i.e don't place anything <-£2 and don't place further if the profit is > £2). You can adjust this to match your requirement. The screenshot below shows this:
Capture.PNG
Hope this helps
Willygubbins

so there is no other conditions i can use to determine the expected direction the odds will move in?
cybernet69

Willygubbins wrote:so there is no other conditions i can use to determine the expected direction the odds will move in?
Nope.

All indicators lag, even price action. Money can come in on either side in milliseconds. Often it becomes a guesstimate at best.

You need lots of experience to get more guesses right than wrong.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”