Dutch Runners with Draw Bias Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on the flat horse racing markets.

With many course's having a degree of draw bias (where certain stall numbers produce more of the winners than others) it makes sence to try and exploit this.

This bot will Dutch each runner drawn in stalls 1-4 if the race distance is less than 8F (1mile) and there is more than 7 runners for a book% of £25.

One way to find if a flat course has a draw bias and for which distance's is by using the Front runner Pacecards.com site which Bet Angel has recently teamed up with.
http://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/2016/03 ... ree-trial/

For example Kempton AW 5F,6F & 7F races all have a strong bias for horses running from low numbered stalls and far more winners come from these than the higher ones.

To use the file just click on the Dutch Runners with Draw Bias.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

For further information and to see a video of this rule in action please see the following video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgOdakQpfP0&t=115s

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Laugro1968

Hello Dallas,

This is my first post in this forum (and hopefully not my last one).
First, I would like to thank you (and many others) for assisting newbies like me, giving us a starting point and directions with regards to automation and a deeper understanding of the markets (to the best of our abilities).

Taking into account that draw bias is the best kept secret everybody knows about and acknowledging market efficiency, do you think it still carries value? Wouldn't it already be included in the relevant quotes?

Best regards,

Laurent

PS: A secret is something you tell just one person at a time.
Dallas

It maybe factored in come post time if your looking for a straight bet as the market is very efficient but if its a trading oppertunity then there will still be ways it can still be used.

P.S The best kept ones are those you tell no one ;)
Laugro1968

Thank you for your quick reply!
If you don't mind asking you two more questions:

1- Is automation faster than excel when it comes down to go through the conditions, triggering bets, cancels and/or stops?
2- Is there a way to automate greening up on a book % or using reversed prices?

Thank you,

Laurent
Dallas

Laugro1968 wrote:Thank you for your quick reply!
If you don't mind asking you two more questions:

1- Is automation faster than excel when it comes down to go through the conditions, triggering bets, cancels and/or stops?
2- Is there a way to automate greening up on a book % or using reversed prices?

Thank you,

Laurent
Yes guardians advanced automation is slightly faster than excel and also places less load on your comp.

There is no option to do either yet but the 'Reverse Grenn' has been suggested by several users to be added in a future update, you could add your support here
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11107
Krystian

Dallas wrote:
For example Kempton AW 5F,6F & 7F races all have a strong bias for horses running from low numbered stalls and far more winners come from these than the higher ones.

Where can i get more info about this ??? Where else ???
Dallas

Krystian wrote:Where can i get more info about this ??? Where else ???
There is a number of sites that will give you this, just do a search in google for something like 'stall draw bias'

http://drawbias.com/
Krystian

One more thing can i use this bot to any 4 runer race ???
Dallas

Krystian wrote:One more thing can i use this bot to any 4 runer race ???
Its set to will Dutch stalls 1-4 if the race distance is less than 8F (1mile) and there is more than 7 runners

But you can edit or remove parts you want
Dublin_Flyer

Morning all,
A recent post or automation by the legend Dallas got me thinking.
The draw bias on the drawbias website only includes 3yo+ handicaps from the past year or so, however if a draw bias exists on tracks, the bias will apply to all age groups, and all grades of races. A 2yo in a nursery drawn 8 faces the same bias as a 10yo handicapper drawn 8 on the same track over the same distance if a bias exists.

So I did some number crunching to see how it turns out on Kempton AW as they have a regular 5, 6 and 7f run, then compared smaller fields against bigger fields i.e. 6 runners or less v 7 or more.
I used 50 races as a minimum for my views.

All runners Kemp 5f: 1,2,6 bias confirmed in my opinion
All runners Kemp 6f: 1,2,3 bias confirmed in my opinion
All runners Kemp 7f: More of a spread but low drawn is definitely confirmed

Distances:
5f - 6 or less runners: Definite bias against stall 1
5f – 7 or more runners: Definite bias towards stalls 1,2,6
6f – 6 or less runners: 1,2,3 bias, 7 has a good rate though although under 50 race limit.
6f – 7 or more runners: Descending rates from 1 downwards, 6 does break the trend though.
7f – 6 or less runners: Definite bias against stall 1 compared to 2,3,4 and 5
7f – 7 or more runners: Stall 7 or less has a slight advantage, but the winners spread is huge, lower draw is definitely an advantage.
To conclude, low draw bias at Kempton on sprints seems pretty much confirmed in my view.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
krunalbarot

i am trying to run the dutch 3 fav and then green up in play at fix profit like 2 quids.

the issue is it is not greening when it hits that.. i have kept the in play condition of green up if profit is > 2
another issue is it places some bets on all the back bets ..

is this correct ?
Dallas

krunalbarot wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:20 pm
i am trying to run the dutch 3 fav and then green up in play at fix profit like 2 quids.

the issue is it is not greening when it hits that.. i have kept the in play condition of green up if profit is > 2
another issue is it places some bets on all the back bets ..

is this correct ?
Can you post some screen shots of the general and conditions tab of your greening rule?
krunalbarot

i have just changed the number to 10 instead of .. and in the logs it greens up all the horses
Dallas

krunalbarot wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:29 am
i have just changed the number to 10 instead of .. and in the logs it greens up all the horses
So its now working as the rule set up looks fine and should be no problems?

Also i notice that you have an Aus race selected maybe this was just randon for this screenshot but if you were trying to use the rule on other overseas races yesterday like the US racing these dont go in-play therefore no in-play betting / rules will be triggered so you might want to bear that in mind for future
Dallas

Had a few PM's recently about this bot so thought it just as easy to bump it back up for anyone looking for it after Peter's recent video

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”