Red and green font colours

Help improve Bet Angel.

Do you have difficulty seeing particular colour on colour combos?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 26
ShaunWhite

Minor cosmetic enhancement - User definable 'red and green' font colours

There are many places in BA where the font colour is hard coded as either red or green. This is understandable but I find that the green especially is really hard to see against almost all background colours, especially the more subdude ones that I prefer for long term viewing. I'm not red/green colour blind, but I do have problems with certain colour on colour combos.

Could it be possible in future versions for the Settings>Display(?) dialog to have these user definable? A darker green would be better, but I think I'd have mine set to almost black, easy to see and 'in the black' seems equally appropriate. I know they make the 'important' figures stand out, but once you're used to the screens, that becomes less necessary.

Thanks.
DuffOne

I think any user-definable colour options is a great idea. An example for me is the ladder where the pink and blue are indistinguishable so I have to change the font on the lay side to a bold one. I can imagine it's not a priority, but having a colour 'disability' affects even the choices of what software to purchase. Please Mr Webb, help us colour challenged people to enjoy your software more by providiing more colour options. Regards.
SeaHorseRacing

Yes its a great idea.

SHAUNWHITE- you can make the p&l in bold in settings.

I agree and I also agree on the enhanced charts very hard to focus. The lines are too thin and the background colour makes it harder.
Its a pain switching colours around.

My eyesight isn't bad either.
ShaunWhite

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:50 pm
Yes its a great idea.

SHAUNWHITE- you can make the p&l in bold in settings.

I agree and I also agree on the enhanced charts very hard to focus. The lines are too thin and the background colour makes it harder.
Its a pain switching colours around.

My eyesight isn't bad either.
Yeah I use bold and it's better but not great. Ta for the tip anyway.
to75ne

change red and green. no respect for tradtion, tut tut.
ShaunWhite

to75ne wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:59 am
change red and green. no respect for tradtion, tut tut.
Only to dark red and dark green, i'm not a total maverick :)
shakespeare

Not really a problem for me. I rarely see Green. :lol:
vladilyich

Along the same lines I think it would be nice to be able to change the background colour to black instead of white,as another trading product does and this helps the writing stand out a lot more. It looks cool but that's not the point I am making here. Having a customiseable background might mean all you need to do is change that rather than the letters and numbers?
Euler

shakespeare wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:34 am
Not really a problem for me. I rarely see Green. :lol:
:lol:
Jukebox

I don't usually see green in BA - unfortunately my vision is ok
Tmr100

Yes, wouldn't it be great to have Colour Options that all us Colour Blind people could opt into. The colour PURPLE does not exist in my world :roll:
weemac

I have to lean forward and squint at the green-on-green(ish) profit figure at the bottom of the watch lists. Not good colour co-ordination.
foxwood

Once upon a time designers were taught to design reading material in colour combinations that could be read easily whether that be forms, adverts, etc. The definitive list of suitable colour combinations was the Le Courier legibility table https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl= ... mrc&uact=8

With coloured light as used in PC displays, rather than ink, proper contrasts generally still work but the requirements seem slightly different and various research papers that can be found with a quick Google search offer alternative combinations.

Allowing options for every occurrence of line thickness / font face / size / colour is the easy way out - shifts the problem to the end user :lol:

Return to “Suggestions”