New beta version of Bet Angel v1.47.0

Willygubbins

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:49 pm
Willygubbins wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:08 pm
With the new addition of Offsetting by percentage, Is there a new Spreadsheet/ or command to enact this on the spread sheet or is it as simple as typing:

=BACK[OFFSET:50%][WITHGREENING:TRUE]
Nearly. You'd enter: BACK OFFSET_PERC:50.0 WITH_GREENING:TRUE

The new commands are:
  • OFFSET_PERC:x.x
  • STOP_PERC:x.x
  • STOP_PLACE_PERC:x.x
I have made F5 convert the countdown timer into minutes countdown.
I posted the following formula but the bet was not placed what have i done wrong?

=IF(F5=3,"BACK OFFSET_PERC:66.6 WITH_GREENING:TRUE","")
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

geoffs wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:27 pm
... I can't download to my VPS when using the VPS link above as I receive a message saying the site is not available.
I just tested it here on a VPS and it downloaded first time, so all I can suggest is that you try again or copy the link address into a browser. The URL is the same as the normal beta, but with the prefix changed from BAP_ to BAPSE_
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Willygubbins wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:51 pm
=IF(F5=3,"BACK OFFSET_PERC:66.6 WITH_GREENING:TRUE","")
The "BACK OFFSET_PERC:66.6 WITH_GREENING:TRUE" command works correctly, assuming you've also filled in the price and stake cells, so perhaps independtanly test that F5 has the value you expect. i.e. Test that the underlying value is actually an integer value of minutes, rather than a decimal value that is just displaying as whole number.
You could prove your betting command works first by manually typing 3 into F5.
geoffs

OK thanks
I'll try the download again later
ShaunWhite

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:19 am
We don't have a great deal of control over the installation routine as it's auto generated following a bit of configuration. It'd be nice to have the time to handcraft it, but we've limited development resource and focus all of the our time moving the product forward - the installer gets about an hour per release.The concept of overwriting the previous version was set many years ago as customers had a habit of leaving old versions installed and complained when they ran an old version - we've had significantly less support queries since getting the new installation to auto-uninstall the old.

If you want two versions side by side then I think you can trick the installer by renaming the folder of the first installation (that way it can't find the files to uninstall them!).
Thanks for taking the time to provide a considered reply. I understand the difficulties and constraints you work under.

Peter often mentions how, having aquired 15-20 or years trading experience , he finds it frustrating when people question his abilities or understanding. You can therefore understand why I find it equally frustrating, having had twice as long as that in developement, when people try to expain why 'professional' software lacks that final polish.

I'd ask you to look at your comments such as "We don't have a great deal of control over the installation", "It'd be nice to have the time to handcraft it", "focus all of the our time moving the product forward", "the installer gets about an hour per release" and take a moment to think about how that sounds.

Consumer software really is the only arena where a lack of time and effort are considered to be reasonable explainations for failure. BA is on the whole a very accomplished and impressive piece of work, but the devil is in the detail. I'd question the prioritisation of non essential features over getting the fundamentals drum tight. There're dull and unprofitable but are, in my opinion, essential.

The passion, and generocity with their knowledge that the BA team and community have shown when it comes to trading been extraordinary, I'd like to think that my own passion and knowledge, although sometimes lacking tact, could be taken on board in some small way. I already feel quite attached to your product and I'd love to see it go from being great to being exceptional, it's so so close.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I was just pointing out that the installer we use hasn't got the customisation points to fix any of the issues you've raised, so we'd have to invest time in creating a new one. Development time is prioritised based on customer demand and required changes such as new APIs. I've made a note of the suggestion for a new installer, but currently there are so many suggestions with a higher score that I can't see it rising to the top of the workstack. If we had twenty customers vote for a new installer or a similar number of installation issues hitting support then the priority would be a lot higher.

I can see from your posts that your installation has got a bit confused, but for the forseeable future the only way to fix that is going to be to backup your modified files, uninstall all versions and reinstall 1.47.0 from scratch. jimibt's suggestion of using VMs to isolate builds is an excellent idea to keep one environment protected while previewing another.
ShaunWhite

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:36 pm
I was just pointing out that the installer we use hasn't got the customisation points to fix any of the issues you've raised, so we'd have to invest time in creating a new one. Development time is prioritised based on customer demand and required changes such as new APIs. I've made a note of the suggestion for a new installer, but currently there are so many suggestions with a higher score that I can't see it rising to the top of the workstack. If we had twenty customers vote for a new installer or a similar number of installation issues hitting support then the priority would be a lot higher.

I can see from your posts that your installation has got a bit confused, but for the forseeable future the only way to fix that is going to be to backup your modified files, uninstall all versions and reinstall 1.47.0 from scratch. jimibt's suggestion of using VMs to isolate builds is an excellent idea to keep one environment protected while previewing another.
Thanks,
I get it, there's always a pile of stuff that sits in the non essential tray, low priority stuff. Things not demand driven. They're a pain in the arse.
I used to set aside 15% of my team's time to digging in the bottom of the tray or to trying their own ideas when the tray was empty. Friday afternnon was a good time. The reality is that the essential stuff does also get done....it's just done in 85% of the week instead of 100% of it. Work expands to fill the time allocated to it. Unless you do something like this you might as well just delete the pile of non-essentials because they'll never get done and just waste valuable headspace and meeting time thinking and talking about them. Functionality is driven by customer demand, polish is driven by your own.
ShaunWhite

I also worry that support time for these 'minor' issue will start to out-weight the effort it would take to remove them, especially as the BA user base continues to grow (I assume). User bases generally become less tech savvy as they expand and I'd hate to see you create issues for yourselves. Support costs have killed many great businesses. BUT....It's your business, and I'm a bit of a know it all, so I'll shut up so we can both get on :)
Tuco

Excellent 'staking method' updates - thank you (if you look back a long time ago I was asking for the ability to have seperate back and lay liability stakes which has been met and some with this new staking method update release - thank you.)

I've never had any installation trouble - I always update to the first beta release and it takes 2 minutes and couldn't be any easier!

Finally, another few requests I had were regarding to the 'in-play' trader window - there are several requests to be considered (as previously requested):

1) Firstly, could we have the selections right justified from the winning post?
2) Could we activelt MOVE the winning post to allow greater (or lesser) space for the selection names (think the English Premier League Tri-Cast, then you'll know there is a problem!)
3) Could we create ACTIVE selection names to fire bets in as per the odds settings on the in-play trader (ie Custom ticks 'outside' best market price could be set to 100 ticks) - in the heat of battle this would save crucial millisecinds and would be the difference between getting matched or not.
4) The ability to customise the order of the selections with a simple drag method - there are many markets where there are selections NOT on the field of play and therefore can't score the next goal and such like - they currently get in the way of those who are on the field of play, and they could be moved to the bottom of the in-play trader window and be out of the way.

Thanks guys - keep up the good work :)
SeaHorseRacing

When using the book % staking.. Is there a way of using short cut keyboard that I can switch to use normal stakes from my unviersal staking area. So if I open a back bet with £100 at 3.7 it places a £27.03 but if I want to put in closing positions when I use my keyboard shortcut to change the universal stake I now no longer want to use the % but rather a fixed stake.
Dallas

You can assign shortcut keys for each individual staking method from the 'Global Settings' catagory in the keyboard editor
SeaHorseRacing

Thanks
Zodiac108

Great to see the ability to copy automation files.

Regarding staking methods...I think I know the answer but is there any way of automatically changing the bet size based on the outcome of the previous win/loss?

:?:
FERGIE87

First of all, make sure you have the latest version of Bet Angel – Version 1.47, This has just been released contains a range of new features that have been very well received. This is on top of the upgrade to version 1.46 in October which introduced streaming and the ability to refresh odds at just 20ms, ten times faster that prior versions of Bet Angel.

Hi read this on the blog can anyone tell me more about introducing streaming? thanks in advance :geek:
Dallas

Zodiac108 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:56 am
Great to see the ability to copy automation files.

Regarding staking methods...I think I know the answer but is there any way of automatically changing the bet size based on the outcome of the previous win/loss?

:?:
Their is no way to change stakes automatically for staking/loss recovery systems

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”