basketball playoffs

Any markets not covered in the other boards
roger speakout

it should be interesting.

warriors are favourites having gone to two finals in a row.

cavaliers are the defending champions but all sorts of tricks were done to make them win last year. the nba has to much money invested in LeBron james, to let them go out early. I might want to back them now to lay them latter given that they are in the east were competition is less.

raptor are interesting in the early runds, they have ibaka, de rosen and lowry.

but I think Houston is going to beat okc. it is an interesting match up, but the general manager should have given westbrook more pieces.

clippers are going to these playoffs with the best recent form.

san Antonio spurs have missed the last 2 finals is this the end of the dynasty?

my prejudice is I do not like the cavaliers and their antics, but the nba always looks after their superstars that is why the cavaliers are going to the finals.
ec0n0mist

I'm not putting too much stock into the Clippers' 8-2 run in their last 10. Beating teams with little incentive to win down the stretch just doesn't impress me. Having said that, I couldn't be more pleased that they did or else we wouldn't be seeing the line we're seeing tonight. At 1.46 ML, I think the public might be getting a little ahead of themselves as this basically suggests they're going to run the Jazz over... That's not happening tonight... or any night!

This is also an unfavourable match up for CP3, he's going to killed by George's Hill's 3 inch height advantage and his freak 6'9 wing span if he tries to go one-on-one too much. And if he doesn't dish out enough dimes to Griffin and Jordan tonight, or/and if Griffin is even remotely off his game, the Clippers aren't going to get enough production to keep up with the Jazz (and that should say something, as they're the 3rd lowest scoring team in the NBA).

The only glaring weakness Utah has IMO is the 3 position with Joe Johnson starting (Clippers will be looking to feast through him all night no doubt). As I'm about to open up a small position (backing Jazz at 3.10) I'm praying that he gets injured early on so Ingles can tag in. With him on court, I think it's going to be a dog fight!

That's my 2 cents.
Enjoy the playoffs and happy trading :)
ec0n0mist

Wow! Gobert injured 5 secs into the game.

Utah position liquidated. If anyone took Utah based on my review, I suggest you do the same
ec0n0mist

And the Jazz takes it even WITHOUT Gobert! :lol:
ShaunWhite

Wow that BTSport coverage is terrible.
A minute+ behind, non-stop BT ads when the US coverage is doing mini interviews or the coach is changing the lineup. Worst of all, no coverage of the cheerleaders and their T-shirt cannons. :cry:
ec0n0mist

LOL about the T-shit cannons! I've always wondered about the deliberate transmission delays myself. Can't imagine anything being that technologically primitive in their natural state these days
roger speakout

okc @ houston.

i think okc are going to strike early but struggle when Westbrook is on the bench.

houston are 1.3 but iI am going to sell them as okc take the lead, but close the position as the game continues. Okc is a one man team, and that hurts. these games have beeen lost the minute Russell Westbrook goes to the bench.

i might be tempted to put any profits, into houston late in the game. 4 to 1 will sound bad, so russell westbrrok might put on a special performance to force a win. the management should have traded for more scorers.

thes series is finished in all but name.
ShaunWhite

Great info. In at 1.31 out at 1.67. Thanks for that.
ec0n0mist

roger speakout wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:32 am
okc @ houston.

i think okc are going to strike early but struggle when Westbrook is on the bench.

houston are 1.3 but iI am going to sell them as okc take the lead, but close the position as the game continues. Okc is a one man team, and that hurts. these games have beeen lost the minute Russell Westbrook goes to the bench.

i might be tempted to put any profits, into houston late in the game. 4 to 1 will sound bad, so russell westbrrok might put on a special performance to force a win. the management should have traded for more scorers.

thes series is finished in all but name.

Not so much a question of should have but could have. Convincing legit superstars to reside in Oklahoma is no walk in the park, albeit still easier than selling the idea of teaming up with Westbrook. The only caliber of scorers willing to go to OKC are the likes of Oladipo. And even that, they had to rip out an 84 mil cheque for
ec0n0mist

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:40 am
Must be nice, cashing the chips in right at the peak! ;)
ShaunWhite

ec0n0mist wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:36 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:40 am
Must be nice, cashing the chips in right at the peak! ;)
I wish I could take the credit for being smart but it was just the end of Q1.
roger speakout

game 2 washington @ boston.

washington got into an early lead 17 points last game but surrendered the lead and lost big.

but i think that boston is not good at 1.6 favourites. i think tis series will go to 6 games or more.

will boston be good at the 3 point like in the last two games?

i want to buy washington as they go into the lead, if they go into the lead.

still isiah thomas is the king of the fourth quarter.

it should be a close game, Washington is still favourite in many quarters, their prce is too big.

I want to invest in an assymetric start, I do not know who will take the lead early, but i want to opportunistically inest in a great start.

my instict is the 1.6 will be under pressure in the 2nd qurter, i think the price will go to parity.
RentonT

Euston... we have a wizard!!!

Great shout there Roger!!!
basketball.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

What a great game. Awesome preview roger.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
roger speakout

game 3

Washington has to win. they are 1.53 favourites.

will Celtics 3 points drop? they won on the 3 point line in the first game but we able to go to the post on the second game.

Beale for Washington has to score 20 points for Washington to win. john all score 40 points and he got tired in the fourth quarter.

the coaches have to decide when Wall , Beale and Isiah Thomas has to take breaks. it is critical.

Washington have played well and lost two games.

A close 4 quarter game will play in Isiah Thomas hands, he is cold blooded. it takes skill to close games. max Kellerman said on espn first take that Lebron james is the best fourth quarter player. he is a pr guy, LeBron gives away the ball for others to close games. he is not clutch.

if the 3 points drop for Celtics, Washington are lost, if they do not drop, expect a tough fight. Celtics want to close the door.

if Washington lose, they have had so many chances to win but they have been beaten.

the last game was so close it finished equal. for a trader this has been the best series, many runs from two teams.

I thought Washington had won the last game when they put together an 8 - 0 run in the 4th quarter.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”