Total profit or loss for the day/week

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
lisawatsuk1

Afternoon all,

When I come home from work every evening, I check my betfair account for the daily profit and loss where it will show me my overall winnings or losses. However this will not show when running bet angel on practice mode. Is there a rule in automation or a setting where maybe an excel spreadsheet will CLEARLY show how much I am up or down by without me having to whip out my calculator and total up the profit or loss from each individual market ?
I have previously used the "explore profit reports folder" and I have created a rule to "export profit or loss report" but all it is really showing is the profit or loss in each market (shown in attachment). I still have to manually calculate it. Is there a way of showing an overall total??

I hope this makes sense
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaz2

Hi,

Further to the question above, is it possible, using ''export profit or loss report'' as suggested by ''lisawatsuk1'', to have a rule in place that actually sends a report of each indivudual result of each race (P/L), as the day progresses, to a folder or spreadsheet? I am using 'automation' so would like to automate it, can I ?

Sorry to jump on to this question but thought it is along the same lines so took the chance.

Thanks
Kaz
MemphisFlash

lisawatsuk1 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 3:30 pm
Afternoon all,

When I come home from work every evening, I check my betfair account for the daily profit and loss where it will show me my overall winnings or losses. However this will not show when running bet angel on practice mode. Is there a rule in automation or a setting where maybe an excel spreadsheet will CLEARLY show how much I am up or down by without me having to whip out my calculator and total up the profit or loss from each individual market ?
I have previously used the "explore profit reports folder" and I have created a rule to "export profit or loss report" but all it is really showing is the profit or loss in each market (shown in attachment). I still have to manually calculate it. Is there a way of showing an overall total??

I hope this makes sense
Excel has a wonderful function called autosum. it can add all your totals for you. that's what spreadsheets are designed for.
lisawatsuk1

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 7:10 pm
lisawatsuk1 wrote:
Afternoon all,

I hope this makes sense
Excel has a wonderful function called autosum. it can add all your totals for you. that's what spreadsheets are designed for.
Hi memphisflash,
I have a basic knowledge of excel, but I have used autosum before. however it is not working in this case as the spreadsheet shows the overall profit for each horse in each race so the sum is not coming up correctly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frogmella

The answer to the original question is "No". Bet Angel has no method of calculating or displaying your daily p/l other than by displaying your betfair account balance when in live mode.

I believe Bet Angel can't calculate your balance because it doesn't actually know who won the event.
lisawatsuk1

Frogmella wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 7:52 pm
The answer to the original question is "No". Bet Angel has no method of calculating or displaying your daily p/l other than by displaying your betfair account balance when in live mode.

I believe Bet Angel can't calculate your balance because it doesn't actually know who won the event.
Oh ok. Thank you Frogmella
Kaz2

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the ''Export Report on Market Closure'' is the same as ''export profit and loss report'' that is available in the rules files please? If not, what is the difference?

Thanks
Kaz
nigelk

lisawatsuk1

Untested but should work
You need to extract a unique list of the data in column B

To do this select G1 then on the ribbon you want data, advanced filter. When the dialogue box pops up your list range will be whats in column B, so select column B.

Leave the criteria box empty, but tick the radio button "Copy to another location", and then select the "Copy To" box and select G1, finally notice theres a tick box in the bottom left hand corner, "Unique records only", tick this

See the formulas in cols H & I to get what you are after (attached just above picture)
Alpha322

lisawatsuk1 wrote:
Afternoon all,

I hope this makes sense
lisawatsuk1, i have been a BA User for the last 7 years and must admit it is the best for its automation & guardian works. I use to practice on another bit of kit in the early days and it has a practice mode bank, which really helped me where i am today ie monitering performance, assisting me to change style, stakes to get the income build i want from trading. I have said to the BA team it would be good to have this, every time the upgrades come out it has everything that doesnt interest me, but i upgrade for the sake of it 6 months after, once there has not been to many complants about bugs. So i agree with you a practice figured bank would be good, at the momment i use a spreadsheet and have to pop in returns manually, if i could of connected that up to go in automatically that would of been great, but its in the BA teams hands, go on Peter lets have it
Euler

Lisa, you need to convert the values to numeric value rather than a string using =value(A1) if the text value was in cell A1
Euler

Alpha, Bet Angel doesn't know the result and therefore can't settle the market without knowing that. That is why there isn't a balance in practice mode. It has no idea who won or how, that information is not available.
jimibt

Alpha322 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 10:29 am
So i agree with you a practice figured bank would be good, at the momment i use a spreadsheet and have to pop in returns manually, if i could of connected that up to go in automatically that would of been great, but its in the BA teams hands, go on Peter lets have it
+1... for developing new strategies, this would be a great addition and one that OTHER software has had for quite some time.
lisawatsuk1

Kaz2 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 7:52 am
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the ''Export Report on Market Closure'' is the same as ''export profit and loss report'' that is available in the rules files please? If not, what is the difference?

Thanks
Kaz
Hi Kaz,
I'm not 100% sure but I think they're similar. From what I have noticed using both features at different times, the 'Export Report on Market Closure'' has a more in depth summary (automation logs, match bets and profit/loss), whereas I believe the export profit and loss report just has the profit and loss report. In my opinion, I think you would benefit more from the 'Export Report on Market Closure''. Again, I'm not 100% sure so hopefully someone else can shed some light if I am wrong
lisawatsuk1

nigelk wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 10:15 am
lisawatsuk1

Untested but should work
You need to extract a unique list of the data in column B

To do this select G1 then on the ribbon you want data, advanced filter. When the dialogue box pops up your list range will be whats in column B, so select column B.

Leave the criteria box empty, but tick the radio button "Copy to another location", and then select the "Copy To" box and select G1, finally notice theres a tick box in the bottom left hand corner, "Unique records only", tick this

See the formulas in cols H & I to get what you are after (attached just above picture)
Hi nigelk,
I have just tried this method and it has only extracted the meetings and times. I have also tried changing to column D to extract the prices, but to no avail.
lisawatsuk1

Euler wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 10:31 am
Lisa, you need to convert the values to numeric value rather than a string using =value(A1) if the text value was in cell A1
Hi Euler,
I have attempted to convert this (assuming I am doing it right) but it seems that it is already in numeric value. The problem is on certain races, the potential profit varies between each horse and when I try to extract that, excel is totalling them up.
I think I am just going to have to accept I will be adding the profits up manually with hope that in the future there will be a way around this

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”