Who says trading dogs is a waste of time?

We've gone to the dogs.
stu410

Mark,

You understand wrong
stu410

cybernet69 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:23 pm
stu410 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:15 pm
Thanks Mark
I sent you are file.

Do not share. :D
Mark is master and my idol..thanks and thanks.

to see :D :D :D :D :D :D
Sovereign

welshboy06 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:23 pm
Sovereign wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:17 pm
stu410 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:13 pm
In this category, a king, masters recognize others lie...''cybernet69''
Yes, there's some irony in the fact that one of the OP's critics on here (and I am not defending him) is someone who was called out for the very same antics in a thread three down from this one on this very forum.

Again, to be pitied, really.
I must've missed this? Link?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11654&start=70

I'm just going by what my understanding is of the latter part of this thread. I may have misunderstood, in which case cybernet69 has my humble and unreserved apologies.

That said, I shall bow out of the discussion at this point. I hope the OP finds true and real success.
spreadbetting

i'd forgotten about that thread, Sovereign :D Just shows you can never really trust anyone especially when they're happy to post one lot of pnl's but not back it up with a shot from the website. It's always hard to maintain lies for too long no matter how many winky smileys they stick up ;)
Naffman

Just a couple of millimetres of orange has caused this :lol:

I always thought it was strange how he was winning £500 a day yet his screenshots were only showing £1 wins...

Anyway at least it has brought greyhound racing to everyone's attention; and I'm sure a successful bot on those markets might work for US and Aus markets that behave quite similar!
ruthlessimon

Naffman wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:46 pm
Just a couple of millimetres of orange has caused this :lol:
Ikr :lol: next time ask me Tom, I'll get rid of the orange bit in Photoshop :D I can even turn a losing market into winning one :twisted:
deansaccount

Memphis, you have posted a few replies, but never really told us why you are using practice mode???

Peter, you said u've changed your parameters for your bot, I don't think it's giving too much away to tell us the minimum amount traded on the market / per runner that you look for?
glen10

i for one have found this thread very entertaining, especially in the latter stages! :lol:
Halliday

glen10 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 am
i for one have found this thread very entertaining, especially in the latter stages! :lol:
Given the amount of greyhound racing each day,and the opportunities available , if this thread has made people take a look at the markets then that's a positive as Peter says .

I guess this thread brings out what's best and what's bad about this forum. There are many helpful ,incisive,inquiring, inspirational,thought provoking threads/posters that give you that extra push and point you in the right direction .

Then there are the Walter Mitty attention seekers, who unfortunately often come across as being genuine, but are deceiving themselves and others .

I think everyone knows my views on posting P/L and the Walter Mittys of this world ( made my views clear on the SHR Trading thread)

Unfortunately " Memphis " despite some thought provoking posts and knowledge comes into this category( confirmed in no uncertain terms to me by someone who has "knowledge of him ). Let's wish him well with a certain amount of sorrow, and hope he gets over his delusions

It would be great to trust and take everything at face value, but alas we can't

I enjoy reading the posts on here and some have been a great help to me , my advice is pick out the best bits, but ultimately do your own thing, choose a sport you have an interest in .. and enjoy what you do.
sionascaig

No success automating however have had a lot of fun over last three weeks and getting consistent (small) daily profits... Attached is manual scalping to £4 stakes... Volatility is crazy but then isn't that what generates profits? Have a few ideas to investigate but respect to anyone that can get consistent results automating on a race by race basis )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

Halliday wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:54 am
glen10 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 am
Given the amount of greyhound racing each day,and the opportunities available , if this thread has made people take a look at the markets then that's a positive as Peter says .

I guess this thread brings out what's best and what's bad about this forum. There are many helpful ,incisive,inquiring, inspirational,thought provoking threads/posters that give you that extra push and point you in the right direction .

Then there are the Walter Mitty attention seekers, who unfortunately often come across as being genuine, but are deceiving themselves and others .

I think everyone knows my views on posting P/L and the Walter Mittys of this world ( made my views clear on the SHR Trading thread)

Unfortunately " Memphis " despite some thought provoking posts and knowledge comes into this category( confirmed in no uncertain terms to me by someone who has "knowledge of him ). Let's wish him well with a certain amount of sorrow, and hope he gets over his delusions

It would be great to trust and take everything at face value, but alas we can't

I enjoy reading the posts on here and some have been a great help to me , my advice is pick out the best bits, but ultimately do your own thing, choose a sport you have an interest in .. and enjoy what you do.
in flagging up the *orange is the new blue* issue, i can honestly say that i was not trying to start off a huge debacle. however, it definitely has exposed (for better or worse) that there are a number of posters that purport to be doing rather well, when in fact there's not a lot going on. this boils down to our basic human instincts which rally around survival theory. in projecting an image of success, you talk yourself up and ultimately believe in yourself. the jury is out as to whether this is harmless or destructive. where it gets dangerous tho is when you hoodwink the very audience that you are trying to *impress*.

anyway, from this car crash there is a silver lining (or is that a silver shadow if it were a roller :D); we've all identified that the greys might be a suitable territory for testing out low risk strategies.
maycontainnuts

The most ironic thing about this thread is cybernet being outed again for faking his own results while accusing somebody of faking theirs.

Don't think it does any good picking apart people on the forum, people should be highlighting complete frauds like Tony Hargraves.
Euler

I'm thinking maybe it's time to start a new thread so we can actually talk about greyhound racing?

I wanted to reply to a comment last night, but I've lost it in the melee.
HRacing

Keep your eye on that jimibt, seems a troublemaker to me :lol: fully agree with the post and hopefully the greyhound markets continue to pick up :!:
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:23 am
I'm thinking maybe it's time to start a new thread so we can actually talk about greyhound racing?

I wanted to reply to a comment last night, but I've lost it in the melee.
it's weird, i actually have feelings of depression when i open and load up greyhound markets... don't know why it is, just feels empty and soul-less. that said, there's enough races per day to potentially make reasonable returns on, IF the core 5-6 repeating market scenarios can be identified inside the 90-120 second window of opportunity.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”