New beta version of Bet Angel v1.48.1 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We haven't had any other reports of that with the beta and can't recreate it ourselves. The only times we've seen bets firing multiple times like that before, it's been due to problems with the mouse (either driver or the mouse button itself).

Are you seeing that with every market?
PeterLe

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 3:08 pm
PeterLe wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 9:19 am
Thanks gents, that would be much appreciated
That's been released as v1.48.1 - see updated link in the first post of this thread.
New rule created in <3 mins...first race..Awesome
Could I aks for future if it would be possible to specify the number of tick above the reverse price and vice versa?
Thanks again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
murdok

PeterLe wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Could I aks for future if it would be possible to specify the number of tick above the reverse price and vice versa?
Thanks again
good ideia :D
mjmorris335

Possible bug.

I accidentally double-clicked on the Log tab in Guardian which undocked the window. There were no Close/Minimise buttons on the window to return it to it's docked state and the normal key combination doesn't work. The only way to return the Log window to its normal state was to close BA down and restart. Behaviour is reproducible using the other tabs in Guardian.

Mike
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

If you drag the undocked Log tab over the top of Guardian you'll get some popup images giving options of where you'd like to dock the page. All these docking/undocking features are part of the user interface framework used for Guardian, but I appreciate it isn't exactly obvious what needs to be done to redock a floating window; it's one of the reasons we didn't use the same docking framework on the main Bet Angel screen!
mjmorris335

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:55 am
If you drag the undocked Log tab over the top of Guardian you'll get some popup images giving options of where you'd like to dock the page. All these docking/undocking features are part of the user interface framework used for Guardian, but I appreciate it isn't exactly obvious what needs to be done to redock a floating window; it's one of the reasons we didn't use the same docking framework on the main Bet Angel screen!
0K, thanks for that.

It is slightly unintuitive; it took me a while to figure out you had to Click-Hold and move the window to the popup images rather than just click one of them where you want to position the window. Every time I released the button the popups disappeared which was puzzling. I have found the 'Floating' Menu item when you right click the title bar though, so I don't have to restart BA.

Mike
weemac

murdok wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 7:21 pm
PeterLe wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Thanks again
good ideia :D
+1 Would be the final piece of the unattended-bot jigsaw for me.
Laugro1968

Hi,

I have an issue with bets left hanging on the ladder after it got matched (see attached picture).

Regards,
Laurent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Laugro1968 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:37 pm
I have an issue with bets left hanging on the ladder after it got matched (see attached picture).
I assume you've got Streaming switched on? This tends to be a very rare issue when the notification of a bet change fails to reach your PC from betfair.
To clear it, just click on the word [Streaming] in the Bet Angel status bar and Bet Angel will reinitialise the market data. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do in the Bet Angel code to eliminate the issue completely as there's no way we can predict when betfair is due to notify you of a bet change without just polling for changes instead of streaming (i.e. no different to you just choosing not to stream).

If you are seeing this issue frequently then that may indicate internet connection issues and you should look into Wi-Fi stability, reboot your router, check that anti-virus software isn't causing issues etc.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Note: v1.48.1 is now out of beta and is on general release in the downloads area.
No changes were made between v1.48.1 beta and the general release, so no need for anyone to re-download if already using 1.48.1

Development work is now focused on v1.49
jimibt

on a streaming related basis, got a quick question. I'm aware of the mechanics of websockets/streaming and wondered if you'd be able to tell me whether bet angel subscribes to streaming based on the markets that are in guardian and if so, does the market refresh (20ms/40ms etc) act as a buffer against refreshing the screen too often?? What i'm really saying is, does betfair push the updates to the clients at 20ms by default and the client app then regulates those updates (internally) via its own app specific settings??
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:42 am
... whether bet angel subscribes to streaming based on the markets that are in guardian
It subscribes to any individual market that Bet Angel currently requires for: Guardian, main screen, popup ladders etc
It also unsubscribes periodically from any markets that aren't required anymore (e.g. removed from Guardian). Betfair requested that vendors don't constantly change subscriptions as it causes a lot of extra initialisation on the stream, so unsubscriptions are buffered rather than immediate.
jimibt wrote:
does the market refresh (20ms/40ms etc) act as a buffer against refreshing the screen too often??
Correct - it throttles Screen update, Charting data point capture, Excel, Automation
jimibt wrote:
does betfair push the updates to the clients at 20ms by default and the client app then regulates those updates (internally) via its own app specific settings??
The actual frequency that betfair pushes the data will be based on the frequency of market changes, the load on their API, the quality of your socket connection with them, whether your PC can handle the speed of current delivery etc, but generally yes.... they push as fast as possible and you are just tuning the user interface as to how frequently you want to 'use' that latest information.
LinusP

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:33 am
The actual frequency that betfair pushes the data will be based on the frequency of market changes, the load on their API, the quality of your socket connection with them, whether your PC can handle the speed of current delivery etc, but generally yes.... they push as fast as possible and you are just tuning the user interface as to how frequently you want to 'use' that latest information.
*assuming you have conflateMs set to 0
jimibt

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:33 am
jimibt wrote:
... whether bet angel subscribes to streaming based on the markets that are in guardian
It subscribes to any individual market that Bet Angel currently requires for: Guardian, main screen, popup ladders etc
It also unsubscribes periodically from any markets that aren't required anymore (e.g. removed from Guardian). Betfair requested that vendors don't constantly change subscriptions as it causes a lot of extra initialisation on the stream, so unsubscriptions are buffered rather than immediate.
jimibt wrote:
does the market refresh (20ms/40ms etc) act as a buffer against refreshing the screen too often??
Correct - it throttles Screen update, Charting data point capture, Excel, Automation
jimibt wrote:
does betfair push the updates to the clients at 20ms by default and the client app then regulates those updates (internally) via its own app specific settings??
thanks you so much for the response on that, confirmation of what i imagined, tho didn't realise there was a side-step of unsubscription!! I guess the reason for my question was really just to get a handle on the data thro-put occurring via streaming. Obviously, the push only occurs when the market changes but just wondered if these changes were somehow packaged into a sensible service, i.e. rather than pushing 4 updates out, 5ms apart, the server pushed a single update out at 15ms for example (no need to answer, just thinking out loud).

thanks again
Laugro1968

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:36 am
Laugro1968 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:37 pm
I assume you've got Streaming switched on? This tends to be a very rare issue when the notification of a bet change fails to reach your PC from betfair.
To clear it, just click on the word [Streaming] in the Bet Angel status bar and Bet Angel will reinitialise the market data. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do in the Bet Angel code to eliminate the issue completely as there's no way we can predict when betfair is due to notify you of a bet change without just polling for changes instead of streaming (i.e. no different to you just choosing not to stream).

If you are seeing this issue frequently then that may indicate internet connection issues and you should look into Wi-Fi stability, reboot your router, check that anti-virus software isn't causing issues etc.
Thank you. I do have streaming on and am using a VPS. It happened more than once, so I will do as you say and check everything out again.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”