Logitech MX master mouse

mobile

just a word of warning.
comparatively this is very expensive for a mouse, but it has so many features that I was happy to pay the price.
However, don't rely on their quality or support.
After a little over 2 years my mouse has lost pointer control, although all other functions still work.
have raised a case with their support, but after 5 days have received no response.
Suspect I am eventually going to get an 'out of warranty' reply.
I understand that any product can fail, but this is their top-of-the-line.
Any other members have experience of this product?
ShaunWhite

I've used a MX Performance by Logitech for about 3 years and it's been flawless. I've only bought Logitech peripherals for at least 25yrs and I've never had any quality issues. The lack of support is the new standard for almost all companies these days (obv excl BA)

Usually when a mouse loses functionality it's due to driver updates for other often unrelated devices, worth having a look at what might have changed. Personally I'd never use Bluetooth as a connection for trading, wireless is bad enough so I also have an old cheap wired mouse connected 'just incase', tucked away round the back of my PC (you can have as many mice connected at the same time as you want).

I got a Logitech K740 wired keyboard about 2 years ago and it's been the best keyboard I've had, even better than my beloved Logitech Dinovo which evenually started bouncing after at least 5 years heavy use. The illuminated keys on the K740 are great at night and I've never had any key bounce or other issues.

I'm not sure what brand you'll choose if you need a better quality product than Logitech.
mobile

unfortunately I think you're right.
I'm probably going to end up buying another one.
never found anything else comparable, but had the faint hope that someone might be using something similar.
It's the sheer indifference to the customer that is galling.
I've done all the usual uninstall / reinstall, but to no effect.
I don't use Bluetooth, the mouse comes with a wireless USB plug-in.
it's only the pointer control that has stopped functioning.
so it's probably their 'works on any surface' laser (?) That has packed up.
Similar to yourself, I have used products from them before without any problem.
ShaunWhite

I feel your pain. I often suspect build in obsolescence in the drivers and even try winding back my clock!

If you crack the support issue I'll have to get you to chase paypal and ebay for me :x No wonder they make billions, they're support dept is one man in a shed.
mobile

just to round this off.
Microsoft update on my system went through yesterday.
My mouse has now returned to full function.
Looking back, it appears that it malfunctioned about the same time as the last Microsoft update.
Clearly these updates can have unintended consequences.
Witness the fact that the so-called 'action centre' is now throwing up a message asking if I have an audio problem.
My response to this would have been no.
However I have discovered that my voice to text software no longer functions.
So I now have to try and sort this out.
Just for the record, have still not received any reply from Logitech regarding my original support request.

Return to “Technology”