Advanced Chart v Betfair Chart question

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
RonObvious

Hi,

Can somebody help me understand why on the BA chart a sizeable lay bet appeared in the market for a value of 1,700 but it never appeared on the Betfair chart?

Thanks
Graphs.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

How often is your BA chart refreshing? It might be that the single amount of 1700 represents the sum of a cluster of smaller trades shown on the BF graph.
RonObvious

BA chart refreshes every second. I've noticed this a lot but can't figure out if it's one large bet or not. Like you said it could be a cluster of small orders but if it was why wouldn't that show up as inidividual orders especially with the chart refreshing every second.
Euler

The Betfair charts are rubbish at plotting volume, spikes can appear and disappear as the x axis is not a linear plot of time, it changes on each refresh.
RonObvious

Ok so the BA charting is the truer of the two?
Euler

RonObvious wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:18 pm
Ok so the BA charting is the truer of the two?
Yes, by far. I'll refer to BF charts for a nose but that's all. I just want a quick view of momentum but beyond that, the BF charts are misleading.

Return to “Support”