restrict refresh to one refresh only ?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
mandymoozle

Hi,

I am using Guardian to link to an exel sheet where I have some rules setup and I want to bet at a particular time before a horse race, say 10 minutes, but only at that time.

If I use restrict refesh I can easily set it to not refresh earlier than 10 minutes before the start of the race but is there an easy way to do that refresh just once and stop it continuing to refresh after that ? If the restrict option underneath (seconds after start time) allowed negative numbers I could give it 5 seconds to get the initial prices and then stop by putting in -595 but 0 is the lowest number allowed.

Any help on this would be most appreciated as previous forum posts are more about increasing the refresh speed rather than stopping it .

Cheers
Rhys
Euler

Betfair no longer charge data usage charges if you are streaming, so that shouldn't be a problem for you. Is there a particular reason you want to do this?
mandymoozle

Its because the testing i have done using historic pricing is at a specific point before the race and if the refresh's keep going i end up with new bets coming on and existing bets no longer showing up as viable and it becomes v confusing. If i test using historic pricing as at 10m before the off i cant replicate that testing live unless i can restrict the refresh to just that point.

Ideally i could just restrict it to refresh once at a set time before the race. I expect there is a way to do this, possibly v simple, but i cant see it!
Euler

Wouldn't the rule you are using to trigger, only trigger at that specific time? I.e. if the data was snapshotted at 10 mins, why not trigger only once at that point if the criteria are met?
mandymoozle

the rule in the xls will be triggered by expected return and if the price changes with the next refresh then the expected return will also change meaning a new bet could pop up or an old one dissapear. I just want the pricing data for the race to be sent to the xls connected to Guardian once. One workaround would be to take the price 30 seconds before the start of the race and set the refresh to 1 minute ie ie the race will have started before the refresh is triggered so it wont trigger at all but the maximum refresh rate is 1 minute so if i want pricing as at 10 mins before the race I cant see how to stop Guardian refreshing the data after that first transfer of the prices
Euler

You can't restrict the refresh that way unfortunately. You will have to find a workaround.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”