Confused by You Tube Tennis Trading :(

firlandsfarm

I am confused by the "Betfair Tennis trading - Trade the server, Automatically!" video on You Tube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjoJPbJ3_OI).

The "Back the server - Player one" rule has a Condition that the bet is only placed if Player One is "15 - love" up but the "Cancel stray bets if player one is ahead" does as it says on the tin and cancels all unmatched bets in the market if Player One is ahead so, the combination of these two rules seems to be to place a bet if Player One is ahead (15 - love) and to immediately cancel it because Player One is ahead!

What am I missing?
Dallas

I have nt watched the video but assume it will be placing a bet when 15-0 up looking for and immediate match at best price and if so great.
If it ends up unmatched in the market as a safe guard it gets cancelled immediately which will allow another bet to be triggered if still 15-0 up.
firlandsfarm

So Dallas are you saying it's like an "instant fill or instant kill" set of instructions?
Dallas

From the wording used "Cancelling stray unmatched bets" this will only come into effect if a submitted bet is not matched immediately so yes its a sort of "Fill/Kill" instruction
I'de have to watch the full video to be sure but knowing that when Peter does these demonstration video's he often includes backup safety features which users can implement not just in the automation being demonstrated but in other automation rules they may have made/make.
langrik

I haven't watched the video.
jbanga333

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi_wNYWqgvg

I have a question regarding the value of this trade done by peter.. If we assume that the given percentages and predicted odds are correct, then we're looking at the following numbers (assuming 5% commission):

With a £100 stake we run the risk of losing £30.41, and our potential profits are £5.67. Converted to conventional decimal odds, that equates to odds of 1.186. With an 83.3% chance of success, out of 100 bets would our profit not be £472.311 and losses be £507?

How does the maths work to make this a long term good trade?

Cheers
Botella

I just joined the forum after actually watching the exact same video and have the same questions that you present.
Any help or explanation?
Cheers
jbanga333 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:33 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi_wNYWqgvg

I have a question regarding the value of this trade done by peter.. If we assume that the given percentages and predicted odds are correct, then we're looking at the following numbers (assuming 5% commission):

With a £100 stake we run the risk of losing £30.41, and our potential profits are £5.67. Converted to conventional decimal odds, that equates to odds of 1.186. With an 83.3% chance of success, out of 100 bets would our profit not be £472.311 and losses be £507?

How does the maths work to make this a long term good trade?

Cheers
Euler

Models are perfect, the reality isn't.

Generally, you would be looking for a break of serve. But it's much easier to demonstrate somebody holding serve as that doesn't involve waiting for ages.
foxwood

Euler wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:18 pm
Quote of the year :lol:
stueytrader

Euler wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:18 pm
Would it also be true that therein lies your 'value' or edge too...? (if you get it correct)
Bluesky

stueytrader wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:41 am
Would it also be true that therein lies your 'value' or edge too...? (if you get it correct)
Yes I think so. I haven't been trading tennis long enough to really get a good understanding of what is going on, but it appears to me that emotion seems to be playing a big part. Prices seem to move much further than in the cold light of day they really should. This happens both before and during some of the games I have watched.

I don't want to give the impression trading tennis is easy however, you still have to be disciplined and trade to some kind of plan, but from my limited experience it is definitely easier than horse race trading.

Return to “Tennis Trading”