Bot is working but not fully

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
BigJ

Hi All

I have a back bot at BSP working but it's not back all horses which qualify. As an example if there are 4 qualifying horses in a race it will only back two of them.

The bot is set to trigger 10 times once every 2 seconds until 20 seconds after the event goes in play. I have a "number of place bets trigger condition set, so In theory this should trigger 10 times covering up to 10 horses different horses. Looking back over the automation results none have triggered 10 times in fact the most it triggered for all races was 4 times out of 10.

Can anyone explain why this would happen?

Cheers
Dallas

Have you double checked all are applied correctly that includes any conditions being used?
(ie you dont have some applied to order of and other by row index)
BigJ

Hi Dallas

Yes checked and all are set correctly.

Thanks

Jordan
Dallas

What about your guardian setting? what refresh rate are you using?

Have a read through this thread which explains guardian cycling/refreshing - if you have this too slow and/or alot of markets loaded then it could be the cause
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
BigJ

Got one set to 500ms and on the gaurdian page set to 200ms. Have put them both at 200ms. Have also played around with the trigger setting and given it more time which seems to have worked. Will keep an eye on it but as always thanks for your help.

Cheers
BigJ

Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:49 pm
What about your guardian setting? what refresh rate are you using?

Have a read through this thread which explains guardian cycling/refreshing - if you have this too slow and/or alot of markets loaded then it could be the cause
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
Hi Dallas

My bot is still not working properly. Can you see any reason as to why it wouldn't work? I i've set it to trigger 12 times so I can cover up to 12 horses bu realistically I will only cover up to 5 or 6

It does trigger but will only ever cover one or two horses even if more qulify

Appreciate any pointers you can give it's driving me insane

Bot file attached.

Essentially i'm looking to back all horses with an BSP less that 10 and more that 5.5. Appreciate the odd fluctuate at the start but regardless of the fluctuation if the BSP is between the stated I want to back the horse.

Thanks

Jordan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Just tried it on last 3 races and its worked fine on them all,

1st had 5 out of 5 match
2nd also had 5 out of matched even though i didn't switch to market till a few secs after start
3rd i changed the cond to <35 and it still trigger on 10 of 10 qualifying runners
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigJ

Dallas wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:36 pm

1st had 5 out of 5 match
2nd also had 5 out of matched even though i didn't switch to market till a few secs after start
3rd i changed the cond to <35 and it still trigger on 10 of 10 qualifying runners
Thanks Dallas -

I don't what to say :roll:. there have definitely been times when it doesn't back all the horses that it should but if you say it works then I will stick with i.

Can you think of any reasons why it would work all be it sporadically? Maybe price volatility? I.e if bsp is 6.0 but it falls straight below 5.5 before it can be matched?

Cheers

nothin
BigJ

BigJ wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:59 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:36 pm

1st had 5 out of 5 match
Thanks Dallas -

I don't what to say :roll:. there have definitely been times when it doesn't back all the horses that it should but if you say it works then I will stick with i.

Can you think of any reasons why it would work all be it sporadically? Maybe price volatility? I.e if bsp is 6.0 but it falls straight below 5.5 before it can be matched?

Cheers

nothin
*meant to say would't work all be it sporadically :) also didn't mean to put nothin.
Dallas

There's never a guarantee of getting one matched, a horse could fly off at the start and romp home and not trade anywhere near or above its BSP to match your bet, and the last of your bets aren't going in for up to 25 secs.

But they should at least all trigger if there BSP are between the prices you have set.

The only reason for none triggers would be a connection issue/market refreshing to slow in guardian but im sure you've said previously these are set quick enough
BigJ

Ok thanks.

Is there a way, as long as the BSP is in the range, just back the horse as soon as possible at best available price. This is regardless of how much its gone up or down / out of range? In my mind this is what the bot is set up to do but am I missing a trigger / condition?

I'm thinking sometimes it triggers but the horse does't get matched at the trigger price and the time runs out? Is that feasible

is there a way to re-trigger if not matched? I could use it on longer races. Maybe extending the time will help? As long as if only backs the horses with a bsp that falls in the range.

Cheers
Dallas

BigJ wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:56 pm
Ok thanks.

Is there a way, as long as the BSP is in the range, just back the horse as soon as possible at best available price. This is regardless of how much its gone up or down / out of range? In my mind this is what the bot is set up to do but am I missing a trigger / condition?

I'm thinking sometimes it triggers but the horse does't get matched at the trigger price and the time runs out? Is that feasible

is there a way to re-trigger if not matched? I could use it on longer races. Maybe extending the time will help? As long as if only backs the horses with a bsp that falls in the range.

Cheers
Its submitting the bet at the best price at the moment it triggers, the 1 sec in-play delay means a price could be several ticks lower when it reaches the market and if it carries on shortening it could just remain unmatched

You can submit the bet below the current bet price anywhere to as low as 1.01 and Betfair will match it at the best price available when it reaches the market

You can use fill/kill and resubmit if not matched (added on the parameters tab), you'll need to make some cond changes if doing this as you'll want it to trigger only if theres no bets matched on a selection instead of your number of place bet triggers
BigJ

Thanks Dallas
BigJ

Dallas wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:18 pm
BigJ wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:56 pm
Ok thanks.

Cheers
Its submitting the bet at the best price at the moment it triggers, the 1 sec in-play delay means a price could be several ticks lower when it reaches the market and if it carries on shortening it could just remain unmatched

You can submit the bet below the current bet price anywhere to as low as 1.01 and Betfair will match it at the best price available when it reaches the market

You can use fill/kill and resubmit if not matched (added on the parameters tab), you'll need to make some cond changes if doing this as you'll want it to trigger only if theres no bets matched on a selection instead of your number of place bet triggers
Dallas

In practice I can use either of the below 3 in parameters to achieve the same thing?
It's not clear in the manual but will they all give you best price and not wait for the parameter to be hit?

"Custom ticks below best market price"
"Custom ticks below Actual SP"
"Custom % below actual SP"

Cheers
Dallas

Every order will get matched at the best price by Betfair, all those options are just where your going to 'Place at'

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”