Bet Placement Options Question

A place to discuss anything.
Vlad1111

Greetings,

I was informed by fellow member that betfair always matches you at the best available price and not the worst. However, I was reading the user guide in the "bet placement options" under "in play trader" in the user guide section and It stated;
In a volatile market you may wish to ask for a price below the best price to improve your chances of being matched. If the best back price is 2.0 and the best lay price is 2.20 and you choose the 'Custom ticks outside best market price'. Setting the custom ticks to 2 would price a back bet at 1.98 and a lay bet at 2.24. A setting of 4 ticks would price a back bet at 1.96 and a lay bet at 2.28
If the horses current lay price is 2.20, and I only want to lay the horse at 2.28, won't betfair match me at the best available price which would be in this order;

Lay
2.20 - Current Price
2.22 - 2nd Best Price Available
2.24 - 3rd Best Price Available
2.26 - 4th Best Price Available
2.28 - 5th Best Price Available

So betfair would try to match me at 2.20, 2.22, 2.24 and 2.26 before attempting to match me at 2.28.

It is a little confusing because the definition stated that if you set a price below the best market price, you can set it at whatever custom ticks outside the best market price. However, wont betfair try to match you at other prices before your desired price? Or can betangel place your lay bet of 2.28 or worse into the market only if price is currently at 2.28 and not before?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, much appreciated, look forward to hearing from you.
Dallas

Its just the way its been interpreted, its referencing from the POV of placing a back bet but then goes on to give an example of when laying, below i've added a bit in bold which should clear it up for you

In a volatile market you may wish to ask for a price below the best price when backing or above the best price when laying to improve your chances of being matched. If the best back price is 2.0 and the best lay price is 2.20 and you choose the 'Custom ticks outside best market price'. Setting the custom ticks to 2 would price a back bet at 1.98 and a lay bet at 2.24. A setting of 4 ticks would price a back bet at 1.96 and a lay bet at 2.28
Vlad1111

Hi,

Thank you for your response Dallas, much appreciated.

Your quote.
In a volatile market you may wish to ask for a price below the best price when backing or above the best price when laying to improve your chances of being matched
So if the current lay price was at 2.20 and I wanted to ask for a lay price of 2.28 or higher, will bet angel automatically place an order only at 2.28 or higher? Or just between 2.20 to 2.28?

I was wondering is there an automation tool that one could do on bet angel where you can select a specific price or worse where you can back below the current back price or lay above the current lay price and bet angel will automatically execute that order only if your specified price is reached? Or can this be done manually if at all?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, much appreciated, look forward to hearing from you.
Dallas

Vlad1111 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:29 am

I was wondering is there an automation tool that one could do on bet angel where you can select a specific price or worse where you can back below the current back price or lay above the current lay price and bet angel will automatically execute that order only if your specified price is reached? Or can this be done manually if at all?

Yes thats possible using automation, the thread below explains how to set it up
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11621
Vlad1111

thank you Dallas for the link, much appreciated.

Is it also possible to do two or more automations for one race? If so, is there are link to the thread in this forum?

Thank's again Dallas for your excellent work and recommendations to this forum, look forward to hearing from you.
Dallas

Vlad1111 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:17 am
thank you Dallas for the link, much appreciated.

Is it also possible to do two or more automations for one race? If so, is there are link to the thread in this forum?

Thank's again Dallas for your excellent work and recommendations to this forum, look forward to hearing from you.
No problem,

Here's two threads on using more than one rule
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11857
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12446

Return to “General discussion”