New version of Bet Angel v1.49.0

ShaunWhite

If your edge was assessing fairly common key things and reacting quickly you'll struggle to maintain it vs even more automation.

Looks like the arms race has well and truely started, maybe it's time to rent an office a few ms closer to BFHQ.
Max W

Looks great, will help alot, I seem to have a "show the Servant Manager" box following my mouse regardless of screen, How do I turn it off?
R. Max.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

That happened once during testing, but we couldn't recreate it again. Try right mouse clicking on the Servant Manager bell boy icon - hopefully when the context menu appears, the tooltip will go.
Max W

Thanks all sorted! _ Thanks for the upgrade, and other upgrades that have helped previously.
Regards, Max.
Simonlofc

Congrats Nailed a truly innovative and more than useful upgrade, i thank you
Korattt

so if you’re crap at automation (like me) you’ve no chance, thanks a bundle
Euler

It's actually an ENHANCEMENT for manual traders and not as complicated as automation. It's a halfway house, that's the whole concept.
megarain

I think its a v interesting development.

Am worried, the sheer possibilities, might endanger data charges raising its head. Am a little surprised, Betfair are happy with this. Badly coded Servants, could send a LOT of bets. maybe that will be the trick .. waiting and watching etc, and then actually sending a bet.

Am gonna need to understand offset greening fully - but, we all need to understand the tools we use.

Thx
Korattt

Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:37 pm
It's actually an ENHANCEMENT for manual traders and not as complicated as automation. It's a halfway house, that's the whole concept.
won’t be using it myself, can see people getting frustrated with it
FrankCastle794

Where abouts are the servant downloads, the spread entry/exit looks interesting.
Dallas

megarain wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:37 pm
I think its a v interesting development.

Am worried, the sheer possibilities, might endanger data charges raising its head. Am a little surprised, Betfair are happy with this. Badly coded Servants, could send a LOT of bets. maybe that will be the trick .. waiting and watching etc, and then actually sending a bet.

Am gonna need to understand offset greening fully - but, we all need to understand the tools we use.

Thx
There is only the 1000 transaction a hour to watch out for and even this requires a bet every 4 secs to reach, but unlike regular automation you can keep a close eye on your TX counter in the bottom right corner if you were worried
Dallas

FrankCastle794 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:47 pm
Where abouts are the servant downloads, the spread entry/exit looks interesting.
There will some getting added from tomorrow morning
FrankCastle794

Nice one, really liking the spread idea :)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Korattt wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:23 pm
so if you’re crap at automation (like me) you’ve no chance, thanks a bundle
You won't necessarily have to even write any Automation rules yourself - Servants are so flexible that you may well spot a rules file uploaded by someone else that you could import with a couple of clicks and make use of with a couple more.

e.g. It could be a Safety Servant that ensures you get out when the timer reaches ten seconds before the off, or a bet trigger that chooses current or reverse price based on recent price movement, or an alert if one of the selections moves too quickly. The possibilities are endless. I wouldn't make any rash judgements at this stage.
iambic_pentameter

I'm very excited about the new feature.

Re the Safety Servant feature, is there a way that you can potentially set it up so that each time you enter a trade, the servant puts a closing bet on the other side of the book and then selects "Take SP"

I currently have to enter this manually each time I enter a trade so to do that via a servant would be brilliant.

More importantly, best of luck to Peter at the Matchbook conference tomorrow - hope your talk goes well.

Iambic

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”