New version of Bet Angel v1.49.0

MemphisFlash

cartoon7037.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcgoo

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:14 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:54 am
1. The ability to trigger a rule after the first rule is awesome. The ability to trigger a rule based on/after another/any rule execution (defined by name) would be a great enhancement
You'd be able to do that already using Signals. Have one rule set a named signal to a value and have the second rule use the Signal Changed condition with the required number of seconds delay.

You're correct in thinking your other requests would require further enhancement to Automation, but I've noted them down for discussion.
I'll give the signals a whirl-didn't think of that. :) Thank you on both counts
LinusP

Very cool, not sure if its been mentioned but I think Peter has mentioned that he used automation to enter the market before on here. This update follows what many are talking about in the ML / AI space, using the technology alongside a human to make the best of both.

However I hate the name..
xitian

LinusP wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:52 am
Totally! I don’t see why it isn’t just called a macro like in Excel.
mjmorris335

LinusP wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:52 am

Yes, in these PC times the word 'servant' tends to have negative connotations. Vassal, minion, menial, etc. Shaun's already come up with serf which made me chuckle.

Perhaps it should be 'assistant'? Hmm... I don't know.

'Maid'? That might've made Peter's videos a more entertaining watch :lol:

Which brings to mind 'wench'...

Ok. I think I'll stop now...

Mike
mcgoo

He who dies with the most Widgets Servants wins :lol:
Sorry too many years in IT :roll: :D
sionascaig

mjmorris335 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:55 am

Perhaps it should be 'assistant'? Hmm... I don't know.

'Maid'? That might've made Peter's videos a more entertaining watch :lol:

Which brings to mind 'wench'...

Mike
Or a gentleman's gentleman personal assistant....
Euler

We had to call the feature something but had to avoid names already in use or that didn't accurately describe what it did so a Servant fell into the role. It was also available to trademark so that serves the purpose, excuse the pun, of making sure other people can't copy it.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:51 pm
We had to call the feature something but had to avoid names already in use or that didn't accurately describe what it did so a Servant fell into the role. It was also available to trademark so that serves the purpose, excuse the pun, of making sure other people can't copy it.
How did it go at the Matchbook Traderscon ?
Euler

I'm tired today, I did manage to get to the toilet once!
Naffman

Love the new always armed feature on automation :)
ShaunWhite

The ability to spread back/lay the net amount is good, but I immediately wanted to be able to cancel any existing unmatched backs OR lays first, for instance if I wanted to reposition it. I know it's not available in Guardian but it can't be that hard to squeeze into 1.49.1. I know I could just hit the cancel at the top of the column but BA could do that for me?
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:43 pm
The ability to spread back/lay the net amount is good, but I immediately wanted to be able to cancel any existing unmatched backs OR lays first, for instance if I wanted to reposition it. I know it's not available in Guardian but it can't be that hard to squeeze into 1.49.1. I know I could just hit the cancel at the top of the column but BA could do that for me?
That can all be done by adding the new 'Cancel unmatched bets on selection (price dependant)' rule to your servant, the spread back, lay and exit servant in the shared files section uses this rule type so each time the servant is started or triggers it cancels earlier ones
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15201

and it can also be used as part of your guardian automation
ShaunWhite

D'oh!
Of course my question was designed as an opportunity for you to highlight yet another great new feature :oops: Like one of those home team backbencher questions in PMQs.

...and it's even more flexible than I thought, cool.
eddy4005

Hi can somebody tell me how to stop servant switching off when i change markets please.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”