Greening at 2nd best market price?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
miyake1

Hi,

First time post so apologies if this is an obvious one.

I am trying to back and then green up in play but my 'close trade on selection with greening' lay almost never gets matched. Is there a way to ensure that it greens up on the first attempt? Maybe by using the 2nd/3rd best price? I would be happy to lose a tick or two.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DaVinche14

What sport are you trading? I briefly had the same troubles.... try offset bet with greening!
miyake1

Thanks DaVinche14!

I'm trying to use it in the tennis markets. The only problem with an offset is that I have to set the greening price when the bet is placed.

I would like to be reactive to the market and green up after a game or set has finished but want to guarantee getting matched. Doing this without automation is fairly easy, I just keep clicking the green up (or cash out on betfair) until it goes through. Is the best solution to allow the greening to trigger multiple times (5-6 seconds apart) if not matched or would it be wiser to wait a few seconds after a game or set has finished and then green up in order to let the market settle and hopefully get matched first time? If so, how can I achieve this delay? Can I use checkpoints? Or is there another way that I haven't thought of?

I hope that makes sense?

Again, I'd really appreciate any insight.
Dallas

Its always worth setting green up rules to trigger multiple time just ensure the rearm is longer than any in-play delay,

Another option is to use 'Signals' to add a delay so the odds are allowed to settle before a green up is triggered, the following example does this with back/lay bets but you could copy the settings and apply to your green up
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11962
miyake1

Thanks Dallas!

That is a massive help. My bot seems to run pretty smoothly now.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”