Is this possible with Servants?

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
iambic_pentameter

I've outlined below a servant that I'd like to be able to use but not sure if it's possible?

1) When opening a position, set a rule up so that if the position goes against me by 3%-5% of my stake, it closes the position and 'reds' up

2) Would this work based on my entering positions in increments i.e. start with X stake and then increase as the position moves into profit? So, let's say I open with £10 and limit the loss to 5% i.e. 50p - would a servant be able to then adjust the loss for each time a stake was added to the market.

I currently use the Take SP servant - thank you for sharing this, Dallas - and am guessing I could still use in conjunction with another servant?

Big thanks to the BA team for implementing this feature.

Iambic
Dallas

No not yet, its something that would require a condition to test your current P/L which has been put forward as a future enhancement here
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11474

You can also start as many servants as you want on a selection or market so yes you can run a take SP one along with another
Or use the take SP as a safety servant so it starts automatically upon opening each new market
iambic_pentameter

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for your reply and link to the other topic.

On that basis, I guess the next best option is to open the trade with an offset bet and trailing stop?

I use global settings for that but is there a way of getting the servant to offset a bet for me?

Naturally the stop wouldn't be guaranteed i.e. if the price flew past it but the servant SP / green up rule would red up anyway?

Iambic
Dallas

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:13 pm
Hi Dallas,

Thanks for your reply and link to the other topic.

On that basis, I guess the next best option is to open the trade with an offset bet and trailing stop?

I use global settings for that but is there a way of getting the servant to offset a bet for me?

Naturally the stop wouldn't be guaranteed i.e. if the price flew past it but the servant SP / green up rule would red up anyway?

Iambic
Yes when creating the servants back or lay rule on the 'Parameters' tab you have all the same global setting options to choose from

And if you had a green rule that would mop up any missed stops or trailing stops

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”