Back the Fav & Lay the 2nd Fav Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This Servant is mainly for use on In-Running horse racing markets but could be adapted to almost any market.

When started the servant will place a back bet on the fav 2 ticks above the current best reverse price using a fixed stake of £10, and at the same time it will also place a lay bet on the 2nd fav at 2 ticks below the current best reverse price also using a fixed stake of £10
If neither are matched within 10 secs both bets are killed, and the servant will need to be restarted.

Once one is matched the other is immediately cancelled, the one that was matched will then place an offset bet with greening 10 ticks away.
You can repeat this as many times as you want by restarting the servant either once the previous one has finished.

To use the file just click on the AS Back Fav and Lay 2nd Fav.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Tip

Because this servant does not use any ‘context’ information a good way to start it is via the ‘Control’ tab of the Servant Manager. In the image below I have positioned this at the top right of my screen with the servant selected from the drop down menu.

As soon as I’m ready I just need to hit the ‘Start’ button and the servant will spring into action

Control Banner.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

ok, i'll ask the question, why are all the files beginning with ASC or AS, what do they stand for.
is it just to have the servants at the beginning of the drop down menu?
Dallas

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:06 pm
ok, i'll ask the question, why are all the files beginning with ASC or AS, what do they stand for.
is it just to have the servants at the beginning of the drop down menu?
Its just a personal thing so i can easily distinguish which are for use in regular guardian and which are for use as a servant, and also the type of rules a servant is using so i know how best to start it
AS = automation servant
ASC = automation servant with context (so i know i need to position my cursor for at least some elements of this servant when its started)

*edit which i've just noticed ive named this one incorrectly as it does not require any context so should have just been called
'AS Back fav & lay 2nd fav' :oops:
MemphisFlash

right, good to know, i'm sure others were wondering also but were afraid to ask. ;)
MemphisFlash

how would you automate this so that after cancellation of the first bet not to be matched, it would then green as it does, then go again
what signal would you use?
Dallas

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:19 pm
how would you automate this so that after cancellation of the first bet not to be matched, it would then green as it does, then go again
what signal would you use?
Do you mean so that you dont have to keep manually starting it again after the offset is matched?
MemphisFlash

yes, but waiting till fully matched and greened, then go again and again and again
Dallas

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:25 pm
yes, but waiting till fully matched and greened, then go again and again and again
If you add the following condition to both the back and lay bets

'Number of unmatched bets'
On market
is equal to 0

'Unmatched bet time condition'
is greater
than 2 secs

And of course increase the number of triggers for each of the rules, i'de probs use a re-arm time of at least 3 secs
MemphisFlash

your a star!!! pun intended. :D
MemphisFlash

Dallas, i have added a few conditions and a few more rules to this file and it is working like a charm.
without realising it you may have just put the final piece of the jigsaw together for a perfect greyhound automation
to make £1 a race. Done 5 races already. running smoothly. too early to tell yet but is looking promising.
Best of all it works in running on the horses as well. Magic.
Niko

I must be missing something with these servants!! How is this different to an automation rule??
MemphisFlash

you have got way more control with a servant.
the main thing is speed.
you can be in and out of a market in 10 seconds if you wish.
or you can go back in for a short period of time.
i have already got 6 servants on my one click screen, another 5 on my computer keypad shortcuts, peter's 3 and a safety one as well .
thats 15 in total., spend some time exploring servants, you will find uses for them. guaranteed.
Ariosai

Hi Memphis, any chance to tell what parameters you changed i am new to this and trying to get used to servant settings.

Cheers
Ari
malgilb

The waiting Lay bet was canceled when the race started and the selection lost so it was a losing trade. Do I have to manually Keep bet?

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”